New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kent1023 View Post
    nasa same dilemma din ako few months ago, naka order na nga ako ng premium tucson (napunta kay SG ).

different class na kasi ang santa fe...kahit medyo luma na body, tried and tested na. engine at transmission lang talaga ang bago pero laki ng difference sa power at smoothness compared sa previous model.

last night natakbo ako uphill papuntang tagaytay, cruising around 100kph tapos tatapakan ko bahagya ang accelerator, mararamdaman mo yung torque nya kahit nasa high gear ka...i love my santa fe
    Ehehehe. hanggang ngayon thankful parin ako dahil sa pag backout mo. Hehe

Cruising 100KPH uphill? Bukas pag lagay ng Motul makikita mo ang difference.. alam na ang gagawin! :diablo:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you have a family get the sta.fe pero if single or married without children get the tucson.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I asked in another thread opinion on Subaru FXT or Tucson 2.0 eVGT Premium. After much analysis, going back to the dealerships repeatedly, finally test driving both (although Forester 2.0X and Tucson 2.4 gas) for lack of desired units for test drive from the dealerships, I decided to get the Tucson. Just way more toys and unavailability of optional equipment for the FXT (not even a bluetooth equipped radio ... )

... Now the problem. Earliest possible time accdg to the dealership is 3 months and this is for the Premium Diesel and they couldn't even commit if I can get it and the color I want by Xmas 2010. Wow! Grabe naman! Sayang lang all those ads, marketing gimmicks, etc. if you can't even be sure of supply. Most dealerships I visited mentioned that they get 5 - 10 units per month allocation only.

So I checked other SUVs for sale. scratched off my list the CRV, CX7, Everest, Escape, Sorento (even longer waiting time), Sportage (no date when it'll be available), ASX (too small for the price), Captiva (I don't trust GM, at least not yet), RAV4, Fortuner, Montero Sport. Only 1 I haven't checked is the Sta. Fe.

I heard that there's no waiting and units are available. On the other hand, heard rumors it'll be replaced by end 2011. The FXT is now also available and new one will not be here until Fall 2012.

So decision is Sta. Fe or back to FXT. For the 2010 Sta. Fe owners out there, can you give me your honest assessment why the Sta. Fe is the better SUV.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I had the 1.7M needed to buy the diesel variants of both cars, I'd probably pick the Santa Fe. However, the 2.0 GLS gasoline version of the Tucson, IMHO, is the best value compact SUV out there. And while the 2.0 eVGT Tucson rocks my socks as well, I really have to concede that the Santa Fe is better value.

As for Santa Fe vs FXT, well, the Santa Fe is obviously a more practical car. And for the usual city trips, it can match the FXT's performance since the diesel has got much more low-end grunt. In fact, the FXT would probably only eclipse the Santa Fe if it was a straight highway. In 60-100 kph overtaking situations, I'd really like the pull of the torquey diesel of the Santa Fe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ako naman I have a Sta Fe pero i wouldn't mind selling it to get a GLS Tucson. my reason, nalalapadan na ako sa STa Fe, it's becoming harder and harder to drive in the Metro.

if I have my way and I have like 3M+, my wish list in my garage

is a Hyundai Tucson GLS A/T
    a Kia Soul 1.6 A/T
    a Suzuki Jimny JLX A/T
    and a Hyundai H100 FB

yun Kia Soul kay misis. yun Jimny pang alternate namin. yun Hyundai H100 FB pang-hauling namin kung papagawa ng house or bibile ng appliance or magtatayo ng business etc. in case, we have kids in the future, hanggang dalawa lang talaga, para kasya kami kahit san car na yan.

lahat maliit, lahat manuverable. sa panahon ngaun big is out, more is out. anything big will slow you down and will also drain your resources

but of course kelangan nasa ideal weight ka din and you don't have excess baggage like a big fat family

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis818 View Post
    So decision is Sta. Fe or back to FXT. For the 2010 Sta. Fe owners out there, can you give me your honest assessment why the Sta. Fe is the better SUV.

Thanks.
    Sta Fe is better than FXT only bec. Sta Fe is HARI and it has 5 years warranty and has a very large dealer network.

if you're considering the FXT, kunin mo na lang ang Escape. mas makakatipid ka pa ng husto. the FXT is just too overpowered sa Philippine roads. if you're afraid of Captiva bec. it's Chevy then be afriad of the FXT bec. it's Subaru. why? paktay paktay ka sa replacement parts dyan since it's not a masa SUV. yun lang naman ang reklamo namin sa chevy, but otherwise, chevy is still a good car just like everyone else.

so yun Escape ka na lang, and yun 500K savings mo, add mo na lang sa 2ndary car like a Jazz or a Fiesta.

and contrary to popular belief that diesel is practical. it's nOT!

CASA wants you to put synthetic oil sa crdi na useless naman since diesel consumes the oil. so yun kelangan mo bumalik every 3 months pa din. and the larger the displacement, the more liters of diesel oil it consumes. plus, sabi nila pag nag-replace ka na ng injectors

crdi is not really fuel efficient. the average din is 7-8km/liter whether it's a montero, sta fe, captiva or tucson crdi.

gasoline cars are less complicated to maintain. kahit sa gasolinahan puwede yan. pag ang crdi pina-maintain mo sa gasolinahan dami pwede mangyari, baka pati turbo mo madale. and grabe kaya magpalit ng turbo, to the tune of 100 thousands.

sa dami ng pwede masira sa complicated diesel engine ngaun, i doubt if it really is practical.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    but of course kelangan nasa ideal weight ka din and you don't have excess baggage like a big fat family
    Hahaha so OB/GM ka nga talaga...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234