New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as regards the flood wading capability of the sorento (2012 model), my wife can attest to at least above the wheel level. She was caught in espana a few weeks back and she said the flood was higher than the wheel of the jeepneys and it took her more than 2 hours to get to higher ground. No issues whatsoever, she just had the sorento underwashed because of the smell.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i've read in some south african article that the engine for the mu-x is supposed to last a minimum of 500,000 kms. pati sa newspaper satin na quote na din yan. ewan ko lang kung totoo hehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Depends on what you look for in a car. I'd feel much more secure fording floods or going off road with an MU-X than with a Sorento. On the other hand, the Sorento would be a much better car for long distance cruising. The 6 speed manual variant should give excellent performance and fuel efficiency, considering the automatic variant's already commendable performance.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    oo nga pala, problem with the mid size suv here in s.e. asia(monty, fort, tbz, and etc..) is the handling, yes- yes -yes like me coming from american and european suv s', despite their size they have a freakishly light steering that equates to better handling(also includes terrain hugging or grip)

hence put that into equation- the koreans are copying the euorpeans automobile manufacturing when it comes to handling but the fort, mu x, tbz, everest are built to withstand s.e. asian conditions hence rough suspension and handling- my opinion only- why- our roads are not that develop and are full of potholes- heck meron pothole sa pasay taft inersection 25 years na ata nandoon yun di pa ako marunong magdrive andoon na yun ang laki laki pa

only dowside of the sorento for me is it's fwd- car science has come a long way pero based on my experience hirap talaga umakyat ang fwd kaysa rwd - lamang lang ang fwd when it turns - maybe this is why the handling is much better?(sa new mercs and bmw the rear wheel also slightly turns when you turn your front wheel)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Actually the steering is liveable. Ang panget for me with the ASEAN SUVs is the suspension. Sobrang wallowy. Yung Ranger ko matagtag pero maganda handling, very confident through corners despite the higher center of gravity.

When I take a Fortuner/Montero through the same kind of corner nahihilo ako kasi sobra sobra ang body roll.

Hopefully when the new Everest comes out next year, kasing ganda ng handling ng Ranger.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    only dowside of the sorento for me is it's fwd- car science has come a long way pero based on my experience hirap talaga umakyat ang fwd kaysa rwd - lamang lang ang fwd when it turns - maybe this is why the handling is much better?(sa new mercs and bmw the rear wheel also slightly turns when you turn your front wheel)
    FWD has better traction in an incline. I drove a rwd and fwd vehicles in snowy hills.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Actually the steering is liveable. Ang panget for me with the ASEAN SUVs is the suspension. Sobrang wallowy. Yung Ranger ko matagtag pero maganda handling, very confident through corners despite the higher center of gravity.

When I take a Fortuner/Montero through the same kind of corner nahihilo ako kasi sobra sobra ang body roll.

Hopefully when the new Everest comes out next year, kasing ganda ng handling ng Ranger.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    FWD has better traction in an incline. I drove a rwd and fwd vehicles in snowy hills.
    under my own experience fwd always fails me (with traction control pa yan) our parking space with jagged tiles(kailangan pang lagyan ng basahan) - tulad sa car park ng mga malls.

yup suspension is the worst- ramdam mo talaga yung potholes though less sa montero and tbz, pag traverse dala ko di ko nga mapansin lubak, even when traversing the interconnections of skyway ramdam mo yung tagtag- eh smooth na yun, however sa suburban and traverse wala... but again we should not compare kasi malaki price difference and parts cost such as airbags.

another forumer added that the mu x and tbz has the same ride and the mu x has sufficient power for it's size but mushy brakes.

sorento if you want refinement.- but the santa fe and sorento never really swayed me anyways.
    Last edited by victorevolution; October 12th, 2014 at 12:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    under my own experience fwd always fails me (with traction control pa yan) our parking space with jagged tiles(kailangan pang lagyan ng basahan) - tulad sa car park ng mga malls.

yup suspension is the worst- ramdam mo talaga yung potholes though less sa montero and tbz, pag traverse dala ko di ko nga mapansin lubak, even when traversing the interconnections of skyway ramdam mo yung tagtag- eh smooth na yun, however sa suburban and traverse wala... but again we should not compare kasi malaki price difference and parts cost such as airbags.

another forumer added that the mu x and tbz has the same ride and the mu x has sufficient power for it's size but mushy brakes.

sorento if you want refinement.- but the santa fe and sorento never really swayed me anyways.
    What is this fwd vehicle you speak of? The fwd sorento has loads of traction.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

wait mali ako, steering of the ranger and colorado are way better than the s.e. asian midsize suv
    drove the colorado- dahil sa magaan

fwd- traverse lt 2012- i still use it as a daily drive- matipid for it's size 10km per liter and fast sprint- dapat nitrogen ang hangin ng tires
    fwd- captiva 2012- sold it na

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast