New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The current Sorento is being offered at a lower price. A 3rd row seat can be installed (ordered from Korea). The price then would be close to the Mu-X. How would you compare the two SUV's regarding the seating comfort, spaciousness, ride quality, engine and amenities? Which would you prefer?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The MU-x gets my vote
    because of
    Isuzu's relaibility
    if you want the sorento
    wait for the new model update
    it has higher HP

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    the only advantage the MUX has over the Sorento is it's height and is somewhat a dedicated off-road vehicle. Sorento's engine is more than enough at 197HP, no major issues based on the Sorento thread here. I got the 7 seater and didn't bother to wait for the "all new" one since I didn't like the specs on it, ride height is lower and ceiling height is lower than the current model. didn't like the new interior also.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The Sorento would give you a car like feel, comfort and handling. While the MU-X gives you more confidence in taking on the occasional floods we get around the metro plus better off-roading ability.

If I'm in your shoes, I'd get the MU-X since the Sorento will be replaced by a new one while the MU-X is a new model and may stay for, who knows, 10 years? :D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    The Sorento would give you a car like feel, comfort and handling. While the MU-X gives you more confidence in taking on the occasional floods we get around the metro plus better off-roading ability.

If I'm in your shoes, I'd get the MU-X since the Sorento will be replaced by a new one while the MU-X is a new model and may stay for, who knows, 10 years? :D

should be 10 years or more that is if I take into equation how long isuzu change an all new model.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With a dinosaur engine from the start who knows you might even end up with a classic

Different worlds, apple vs orange. Just go read up on the sorento threads to find out about the sorento. There is a new model coming up so kia dealerships will be offering good bargains soon.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I know there is a new Sorento coming up which would compete with the Santa Fe. The only problem then would be a higher price as expected. The current Sorento's engine is a very good one, though the Isuzu is of course an Isuzu no doubt about their engines. It's really hard to choose between the two. I like the ride height of the Mu-X while I like the riding comfort of the Sorento. Will just wait around and see. Wifey will be using it a lot and she can really help decide. I like both cars so I don't mind which one to choose. The Mu-X is newer though which would be of advantage. Sorento has good reviews too and the looks is ok for an older model.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    By the way, how is the 3rd row seating of both cars? Which is more comfortable and spacious in the 3rd row? How about the air-conditioning for the 3rd row? I'm currently out of the country and haven't seen the Mu-X in person.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 7-seater sorento has air vents at the 3rd row. The 5-seater sorento does not have, so although converting a 5 seater to a 7 seater is possible the aircon vents will be hard to add. Also it is not just as simple as adding 3rd row seats, you also need to replace the right side 2nd row seat so it folds and tumble to allow access to the 3rd row.
    Last edited by yebo; October 4th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    If KIA would upgrade its 2014 Sorento before replacing it with a new model nxt yr, by just adding a Navi and third seat. I will take the Sorento. Mu-X is gd as well, but exterior and interior looks poor to me.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    The 7-seater sorento has air vents at the 3rd row. The 5-seater sorento does not have, so although converting a 5 seater to a 7 seater is possible the aircon vents will be hard to add. Also it is not just as simple as adding 3rd row seats, you also need to replace the right side 2nd row seat so it folds and tumble to allow access to the 3rd row.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast