New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Among the two which is more Practical to Own and easy to maintain as 2nd hand SUVs PLS

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Neither is quite as practical as owning a CR-V or a more common crossover... the Vitara is nicer and more spacious, but it's less fuel efficient.

The Jimny is tiny, cramped, unrefined, bouncy and slow. And fuel economy isn't as good as other 1.3 liter cars... though it's not bad compared to 1.6 liter and above vehicles...

But it's timeless. Get one with the 4WD selector stick instead of the pushbutton and you've got an off-road toy that can do anything, anywhere, anytime.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Yep if you're really looking into off-roading, I think you can't go wrong with a Jimny. Based on my short driving experience, masarap syang i-drive. It's so small, but you're high off the ground kaya kakaiba yung feeling. If I had the money to get an extra SUV, I'd get one of these.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the enlightenment Sir !!!! mas Ok pa rin ang Vitara hehehe pero spare parts yata ng suzuki mahal hehehe !!!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Yep if you're really looking into off-roading, I think you can't go wrong with a Jimny. Based on my short driving experience, masarap syang i-drive. It's so small, but you're high off the ground kaya kakaiba yung feeling. If I had the money to get an extra SUV, I'd get one of these.
    OO nga ganda pala tung Jimny since newer model cya compared to Vitara !!!!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A lot of the zuk parts interchange with Mitsu. Consumables are inexpensive but trim parts like the broken side mirror can get pricey.

All things considered, i spend less on the Jimny than on my Toyota or Nissan in terms of maintenance.

But if you can only have 1 vehicle, the vitara is a good compromise. The jimny is a good 2 seat vehicle. But not a great family car.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung mag-isa, Zuk Jimny na 'ko. Pero mahirap makahanap ng 2nd hand nun, kelangan mo talaga mag-tiyaga. Else, Vitara talaga .. no choice eh. Kaya rin naman nun mag-ford ng floods and mas practical siya as a family vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It's so small, but you're high off the ground kaya kakaiba yung feeling.
    Yeah iba talaga, yung 40 kph parang 60 na, tapos nakakatakot lumiko ng mabilis. But I really like the Jimny, though admittedly it's not a very practical car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Not very practical indeed, but it serves its purpose very well, and that's going through any terrain. There's a long thread here about the Jimny, and once you go through it, you'll find all its quirks and merits :D

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    yep its bouncy but we love ours to bits. Parang mejo natatagalan lang ako sa shifting ng AT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Small Suzuki  CUV VITARA or JIMNY all MTs