New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you think of the Jimny as an airconditioned buggy or a an all terrain sports car, they you'd understand its appeal.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you always bring a lot of stuff and/or have some people with you, it'd be better to get the Vitara. Like the Jimny, it is also rather bouncy but all the other rugged parts about it also apply here. Even in 5 door trim, it's still quite small, so its no big deal. Only trade off would be the fuel consumption. But if you get the manual variant, the difference shouldn't be very big. Besides, 2nd hand Jimny's are hard to find, and if you do find a good one, they're so freakin' expensive. Not so with the Vitara.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mas mura talga ang 2nd hand na Vitara pwede na rin tu

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    tanong lang po: are Vitara & Jimny considered CUV or SUV since they have they both have an H-link Under-chassis under its body (I forgot the term) while a CUV has a unibody design. and Suzuki are really tough on the back-roads and competes on off-road track unlike CUVs.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    tanong lang po: are Vitara & Jimny considered CUV or SUV since they have they both have an H-link Under-chassis under its body (I forgot the term) while a CUV has a unibody design. and Suzuki are really tough on the back-roads and competes on off-road track unlike CUVs.
    IMHO yung Jimny at Vitara are true compact SUVs and not CUVs since there is nothing crossover about them as proven by the ladder frame chassis and primarily rear wheel drive drivetrain.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Jimny's suspension is solid axle rear and front this is why its a real SUV Vits on the other hand its front is independent suspension and solid axle at rear but still its a true SUV

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *Sir Shadow & Sir GTi:

I was also thinking of those considerations. But the thread was entitled as "Small Suzuki CUV VITARA or JIMNY all MTs" kaya po nag-clarify lang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Small Suzuki  CUV VITARA or JIMNY all MTs