New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hello po mga ka-forum. Manghingi lang ng opinions nyo. Im own a 2014 Innova G Diesel MT, and overall Im satisfied with its driving dynamics, ride quality, suspension, and total cost of ownership. Kaya lang I always wonder what is the difference of the 2017 Innova in terms of driving dynamincs, ride quality, engine response and overall performance. Meron po ba dito na naka experience na nitong dalawang models, at pwede po pa-share ng inyong inputs. Malaki po ba ang difference to the point that you will advise to upgrade (or to even own the 2 vehicles). Pwede po paki-elaborate and explain ang experiences nyo. thanks sa inputs.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Up lang po...hoping that someone can share his experience. Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I only have a 2015 Innova Diesel.

The things going for the new Innova is that it's practically a totally different car. New design, next-gen powertrain, etc.

The newer Diesel power plant is both more powerful and more fuel-efficient compared to the older 2KD.

The question is, are those reasons compelling enough to replace your old Innova?

If you're buying your first MPV, go with the new Innova. If you need a 2nd MPV, get the new Innova. If you just want the new Innova without any particular need but have the cash, go get it. Otherwise, baka it's better to invest your money somewhere else.
    Last edited by oj88; October 30th, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks Oj for the inputs. Seems like you are happy with your current Innova. Its re-assuring on my part to hear actual feedback from a happy owner.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    it seems like you dont mind the diesel clatter. i remember driving the old gen-lakas ng diesel vibration sa cabin. the new one is less harsh compared to the old gen...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    it seems like you dont mind the diesel clatter. i remember driving the old gen-lakas ng diesel vibration sa cabin. the new one is less harsh compared to the old gen...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I have the last of the 1st gen Innova and the cabin is really quiet. You can hardly feel any vibration at all from the engine.

I've also driven the Revo Diesel and that one was harsh by comparison. Revo owners would probably be able to relate to this.... If you happen to place your right knee at just the wrong place when you turn off the engine, the knee-basher M/T shifter will make you limp out of the vehicle. ;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    We have 2 units of the old innova and pang all-around talaga sya. Panghatid ng kids, pang sundo sa airport, palengke, grocery, water bottles etc. It was considered an AUV but mas sosyal ng konti.
    The new innova is not considered AUV anymore IMHO. Nag level up halos lahat esp the interior and the plastics and fabric used. Not sure about the diesel clatter lang Im planning to put acoustipads on all doors for better NVH. Will be getting a G unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    thanks Oj for the inputs. Seems like you are happy with your current Innova. Its re-assuring on my part to hear actual feedback from a happy owner.
    If you want to shift from MT to AT then upgrade it is...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would suggest otherwise. Just keep the 2014 Innova, it's not that old anyway. Then buy a different vehicle, it pays to have some sort of variety.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    Hello po mga ka-forum. Manghingi lang ng opinions nyo. Im own a 2014 Innova G Diesel MT, and overall Im satisfied with its driving dynamics, ride quality, suspension, and total cost of ownership. Kaya lang I always wonder what is the difference of the 2017 Innova in terms of driving dynamincs, ride quality, engine response and overall performance. Meron po ba dito na naka experience na nitong dalawang models, at pwede po pa-share ng inyong inputs. Malaki po ba ang difference to the point that you will advise to upgrade (or to even own the 2 vehicles). Pwede po paki-elaborate and explain ang experiences nyo. thanks sa inputs.
    takaw-tingin?
    and you are looking for justification to buy one?

it's your money, sir.

heh heh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast