New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi! im choosing between the two models. I need some advice/comparison re: there power(hp & torque), value for money, reliability, interior space and comfort rides. ty

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Brand new? I think the Sentra may be more spacious, pero their 1.6 ATs are sluggish. The Lancer MX AT (CVT ba yung 1.6) is quicker, and if it's CVT, a little more economical. Kahit yung lumang 1.6 INVECS mas mabilis sa 1.6 na AT na Sentra. (initial takeoff).

The Sentra has good ride comfort, but is not handy over large bumps or ridged road surfaces (short stroke suspension and beam axle, eh). It's got lots of borloloi and space for the money. I don't know much about the new Lancer 1.6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

i'd go for the one with CVT...niky's right, it's more economical.

The sentra GS has a max power of 116ps* 6000rpm and max torque of 14.9kg-m* 4000rpm. We have to see Lancer's torque and HP rating to compare.

I'm a nissan owner and i must say "kotse lamig"...nissan's trademark because of airconditioning.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oo nga, forgot that... best pa rin ang AC ng Nissan. Despite it being slower and less economical, it's the best bang for buck for lamig and soft ride. At medyo mas maganda ngayon ang front seats nila... di na backache inducing.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think based on the posted spec between the 2 cars mas mataas ang hp and torque ng sentra. Does who have test drove both cars ano mas matulin and torque?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancer ako dyan...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to C! Magazine,

Sentra 1.6 AT
    116 hp
    108 ft lbs
    11.7 sec 0-100 km/h

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 CVT
    110 hp
    102 ft lbs
    11.8 sec 0-100 km/h

These aren't V-Box confirmed, though, But according to the V-Box, the Lancer 1.8 is quicker from 0-100 than the Sentra 1.8, despite having less power, because of the CVT. I think the same should hold true of the 1.6 Lancer CVT.

And from experience, medyo mabagal naman talaga ang AT ng Sentra. If you really want that extra kick, try and see if Honda is offering discounts on the VTi-S now. Those are really good engines, and they're economical, too.

But if it's borloloi for money, I think the MX is a better deal than the GS, already has dual airbags and leather... and it's probably quicker, too... the MX has always been quicker than the Exalta, sadly.

Off-Topic: Ang mahal na pala ng mga 1.6... I just looked up the prices... they cost as much as my RS did! (BTW: call Ford, baka meron pa at around 800-850k. :lol: )

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    so base on test drive mas quickest/maarangkada ang mx. Kung sa akyatan kaya kasi i'll be travelling from time to time sa baguio cno ang may hatak?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ka naman mabibitin with either one of them. Unless mataas expectations mo or gusto mo talaga mabilis ang ahon.

CVT eliminates gear hunting, though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep, what do you mean by gear hunting? sorry medyo ignorante. hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
sentra 1.6 GS vs lancer 1.6 MX (both a/t)