New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When you're at certain speeds, most automatics (the Sentra's, included) select a gear based on how much gas pedal you're using. The problem is, if you're using medium pedal pressure, they'll sometimes think you want to cruise (so they stay in a higher gear) or think you want to accelerate (so they go to a lower gear). This is especially irritating if you want to overtake, you press on the pedal harder and the computer takes a second to realize that you actually want to overtake and then changes the gear.

With CVTs, that doesn't happen. Once you press the pedal, the revs go up, and the gears merely adjust to keep up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama po si niky. Gear hunting can be irritating for some drivers kasi. Pero hindi naman defect yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    CVT is the best. You can choose between smooth cruising with absolutely no rough shifting (since there are no gears) and a bit sporty manual mode. The Lancer MX has 6 virtual ratios that offer some kick when accelerating, which is somehow enjoyable for some drivers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks niky and otep for explaining gear hunting. sa case ko naman kasi i'm considering the lancer gls. pero i can't find any review when i did a search.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    naka sentra 1.6 GS kmi, okey ang features, malakas ang A/C, pero medyo malakas sa gas and medyo sluggish.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    based on looks,,lancer for me.

napapangitan talaga ako sa grasshopper-eye rear lights ng sentra.

plus you get CVT with the lancer
    Last edited by Kanut; February 10th, 2006 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
sentra 1.6 GS vs lancer 1.6 MX (both a/t)