May 2006
    Sentra or Vios then. Take ur pick.
    Vios 1.3L is too bare bones though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Sentra or Vios then. Take ur pick.
    Vios 1.3L is too bare bones though.
    I do like the Vios 1.5L but the center gauges never really appealed to me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think the TS is referring to the City 1.3L iDSi A/T which has the CVT tranny.

He did mention he was opting to buy 2nd hand and has a budget.

If he was planning to buy new or current model City 1.3L A/T, the car has absolutely no power at 50/60kph and accelerates to 100kph at a snail's pace. Fuel economy has dropped since the adoptation of a conventional A/T tranny.
    Actually, I'm in the market for a brand new unit, what I meant when I said that it doesn't have to be the latest model is that the Sentra suits my needs since its normally referred to as an old model since it has been on sale for a couple of years now. Anyway, I think I'm leaning towards the Sentra since its substantially cheaper than the City and will serve the same purpose. Resale value may not be as good as a Honda or Toyota, but when time comes to sell it in maybe 5 years time it would'nt matter that much anymore since it has already served its purpose.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I do like the Vios 1.5L but the center gauges never really appealed to me.

same here. i just dont get it why did they place it there ?

for style ? err. i doesn't look stylish. it's ugly.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

same here. i just dont get it why did they place it there ?

for style ? err. i doesn't look stylish. it's ugly.
    Cost cutting between LHD and RHD versions of this car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    We just changed our Vios from 1.3J to 1.5G AT. So far so good. But fuel consumption is not as good as what im expecting. Im averaging 8.8km/L, but the car has less than 200kms. Not good, imo. But features is better than the 1.3L City and i heard it has better performance. If you're considering the City 1.3S AT at 756K, might as well give the Vios 1.5G AT (785k) a look.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    We just changed our Vios from 1.3J to 1.5G AT. So far so good. But fuel consumption is not as good as what im expecting. Im averaging 8.8km/L, but the car has less than 200kms. Not good, imo. But features is better than the 1.3L City and i heard it has better performance. If you're considering the City 1.3S AT at 756K, might as well give the Vios 1.5G AT (785k) a look.
    Why did you change from 1.3J to 1.5G? Is this the 1st gen (2003-2006) to 2nd gen (2007-present) or both Vios are 2nd gen?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If it's an iDSi City don't bother. Weak car even if the tranny is CVT.
    CVT problems all point to the fluid or rather the wrong fluid used in earlier models. Notorious ito sa iDSi 1.3 so I would avoid these models. Kung 1.5 VTEC yan pwedeng pwede na.

The 1.3 Sentra is spacious. Rather big car for a 1.3 much like the 1.3 Lynx. Unless you travel in large packs, this car will be nice to use. Plus the AC is nice.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    If it's an iDSi City don't bother. Weak car even if the tranny is CVT.
    CVT problems all point to the fluid or rather the wrong fluid used in earlier models. Notorious ito sa iDSi 1.3 so I would avoid these models. Kung 1.5 VTEC yan pwedeng pwede na.
    It's not just the CVT, the flywheel itself has issues which results in a jerky ride when driving uphill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sentra 1.3 GX A/T vs. City 1.3 S A/T