New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Looking for a basic commuter car, the choices are now down to the Sentra and City, pwede rin yung Vios 1.5 A/T kung makakakuha ako ng magandang discount. We don't want a small car such as the I10 or the Alto, we don't want a hatchback either. And please not the Lancer, sumakit na ulo namin dyan dati, ayoko na maulit pa. Here's the question, worth it ba yung 100+k na difference sa price ng City at Sentra? We don't really need the latest model or the most feature packed car. All we want is a basic A/T car with all power amenities and of course yung matipid sa gas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the Sentra 1.3 GX will not win any races but it will get you to your destination without any hassles.

My brother bought one for "coding" purposes since it was cheap yet spacious inside. To offset the cost of fuel, he had an Auto-LPG system installed.

Aside from him, our brother-in-law and a good friend of his also bought one of their own as well. No surprises, just regular maintenance and the car will serve you well. The spacious interior is a good selling point considering all other cars at this price level is usually small.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    panalo aircon ng Nissan hehe.

about FC, nasa tamang driving lang naman yan.

I'd go for the Sentra anyway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to see how the Auto-LPG conversion looks for the Sentra:

2008 Nissan Sentra 1.3L (N16 body) AUTO-LPG conversion:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51318

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sentra is cheap and it's carrying it's late 2004 body up until now. Great side about it is, yes again, it's cheap, it's aircon is not bad annnddd..... it will bring you to the destination you'd want to reach.

City is good though it's only carrying a 1.3 engine. Great exterior features, though pricey, I think it's worth it.

Vios hmm, great features, has the same price as the city, well almost.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My brother has both cars and I prefer to drive the Sentra over the City.

A few things you have to consider with the City 1.3L A/T:
    -the CVT tranny is a known problem issue.
    -use the wrong ATF in the tranny will result in an expensive repair bill. (use only HONDA CVT ATF).
    -the rear seats are just a notch above plywood benches in seating comfort
    -the rear suspension is rather stiff.
    -Honda parts can still be expensive
    -personally, I don't like the flat-iron styling of the City. The proportions still look weird to me to this day.
    -the electric power steering lacks feedback from the road. Its like driving a video game.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My brother has both cars and I prefer to drive the Sentra over the City.

A few things you have to consider with the City 1.3L A/T:
    -the CVT tranny is a known problem issue.
    -use the wrong ATF in the tranny will result in an expensive repair bill. (use only HONDA CVT ATF).
    -the rear seats are just a notch above plywood benches in seating comfort
    -the rear suspension is rather stiff.
    -Honda parts can still be expensive
    -personally, I don't like the flat-iron styling of the City. The proportions still look weird to me to this day.
    -the electric power steering lacks feedback from the road. Its like driving a video game.
    GH, iba na a/t tranny system ng Honda City. That is, if the TS was referring to the one which recently came out.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    GH, iba na a/t tranny system ng Honda City. That is, if the TS was referring to the one which recently came out.
    I think the TS is referring to the City 1.3L iDSi A/T which has the CVT tranny.

He did mention he was opting to buy 2nd hand and has a budget.

If he was planning to buy new or current model City 1.3L A/T, the car has absolutely no power at 50/60kph and accelerates to 100kph at a snail's pace. Fuel economy has dropped since the adoptation of a conventional A/T tranny.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Seems like buying a City is a losing preposition.
    1. CVT is sensitive, new City A/T has poor FC.
    2. Low power at 40 - 60kph, where you will be most of the time when driving in the city.
    3. Seats aren't comfy.
    4. Stiff suspension on our potholed roads = bad ride, body aches after driving.
    5. EXPENSIVE

Only one going for the City is resale value, if ever.

Anything else redeeming for this car?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Vios nalang...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sentra 1.3 GX A/T vs. City 1.3 S A/T