New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you want an upgrade, a newer model Crosswind might be logical choice.

I would rather opt for an old model Starex than take on the Mazda MPV.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    double post

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Malakas sa gas ang MPV pero malakas bumatak.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriski View Post
    i just replaced my Zuk vitara with an mpv local i also have 3 kids and all i can say is that i did the best choice hopefully in many months and years to come pa....
    If you dont mind sir, how much did you get yours? any problems/issues you've encountered?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The engine of the local MPV is same as the first gen Everest 2.5L Turbodiesel. So parts should never be scarce. Local MPVs are MT only so it should not be as guzzler as you think, but definitely will smoke a Hilander or a newer 'turbo'-kuno na Crosswind. It seats 7 via 4 captains chairs and a rear bench. It has ABS and dual airbags, i think it is one of the 1st to bring the combo locally. Lastly, it has better ride, handling and refinement than your current car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    The engine of the local MPV is same as the first gen Everest 2.5L Turbodiesel. So parts should never be scarce. Local MPVs are MT only so it should not be as guzzler as you think, but definitely will smoke a Hilander or a newer 'turbo'-kuno na Crosswind. It seats 7 via 4 captains chairs and a rear bench. It has ABS and dual airbags, i think it is one of the 1st to bring the combo locally. Lastly, it has better ride, handling and refinement than your current car.

These are actually the things which make me think about the mpv. knowing that the everest has the same powerplant means there are still parts out there for the mpv, and since i'd assume it's lighter than the eve, then it wouldn't be much of a guzzler as the eve. Though I've read about some issues of cylinder heads cracking rather early for the eve and early model Rangers which have the same engine as well.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    question lang. what do you guys mean by "local mpv"? was this sold here through dealers? or you mean by grey market? all the while, i thought that the few mpv's i see on local roads are from subic or other ports.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haven't heard of the cracking issue. But if it occurs on older cars which have overheated... it's possible. Proper maintenance is the key. I know quite a few 200-300k km Ranger owners.

Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    question lang. what do you guys mean by "local mpv"? was this sold here through dealers? or you mean by grey market? all the while, i thought that the few mpv's i see on local roads are from subic or other ports.
    Yup. Was even a promo where it was bundled with a free Miata...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Haven't heard of the cracking issue. But if it occurs on older cars which have overheated... it's possible. Proper maintenance is the key. I know quite a few 200-300k km Ranger owners.

Good to hear about these 200k km Rangers

Yup. Was even a promo where it was bundled with a free Miata...

sana may promo pa nito for 2nd hand units

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    "Yup. Was even a promo where it was bundled with a free Miata... "

nye

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
sell my hilander for an MPV?