New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Please help me out guys I have a 2000 hilander XTRM, with 173k kms on it, but still going strong. Really satisfied with its reliability, though sometimes I wish it had a little bit more power, and a better ride.

Is it worth it to ditch it in favor of a Mazda MPV(local version), which has a better ride and more power? My only concerns are availability and affordability of parts( +1 for the isuzu), and reliability which the isuzu has already proven. By the way, we're 5 in the family( 3 kids), so we'd really prefer an AUV/MPV.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The MPV is definitely a much better car. But yes, parts are not as easy to find. There are stores in Banawe which specialize in Mazdas and Fords... they can supply you with the engine parts you need... but cosmetics and such (lights, body panels, etcetera), I'm not so sure of.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Please help me out guys I have a 2000 hilander XTRM, with 173k kms on it, but still going strong. Really satisfied with its reliability, though sometimes I wish it had a little bit more power, and a better ride.

Is it worth it to ditch it in favor of a Mazda MPV(local version), which has a better ride and more power? My only concerns are availability and affordability of parts( +1 for the isuzu), and reliability which the isuzu has already proven. By the way, we're 5 in the family( 3 kids), so we'd really prefer an AUV/MPV.

Thanks in advance

Kung reliability and affordability of parts ang concern mo, no need to change. Isuzu pa rin! Dagdag mo fuel efficiency, baka magulat ka sa MPV sir... engine nyan is WLT-T mas tahimik nga lang dahil sa balancing shaft na wala sa (indestructible)4ja1 pero wala namang direct injection.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    meron ka na workhorse wag mo na palitan ng problema

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    makuntento ka na sir sa workhorse mo kung wala namang recurring problems na binibigay. minsan lalo tayong napapasama dahil mas naghahangad tayo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the inputs guys, I really am happy with my hilander that's why I'm having second thoughts disposing it. Napapaisip lang talaga ako minsan with the MPV since it's also a diesel, seats plenty as well, and rides better. Yun lang I'm not really aware of its reliability and maintenance costs.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i just replaced my Zuk vitara with an mpv local i also have 3 kids and all i can say is that i did the best choice hopefully in many months and years to come pa....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    Thanks for the inputs guys, I really am happy with my hilander that's why I'm having second thoughts disposing it. Napapaisip lang talaga ako minsan with the MPV since it's also a diesel, seats plenty as well, and rides better. Yun lang I'm not really aware of its reliability and maintenance costs.

I used to own a Isuzu Hilander slx but replaced it with a newer Crosswind . In terms of maintenance, performance and comfort both are ok.

I guess, just maintain your workhorse, your hilander.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    if your hilander isn't giving you any headaches, then it may be best for you to not change it.

remember, the mpv is second hand ... problems will surely be arising. problems which, you wouldn't really expect coming.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hindsight din ito since di mo alam kung magiging okay talaga ang desisyon mo (though you can still use other's experiences as basis).

ang sa akin lang, kung desidido ka na palitan talaga, just be prepared to accept the outcome, good or bad. at least you won't have to always wonder "what if i did it.."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
sell my hilander for an MPV?