New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by manuel_04 View Post
    * sir monty_GTV yup I'm contemplating getting a BN montero or Innova and calling it a day. The reason I'm looking at preowned cars is that I feel, with a lot of patience, I can get more car for my money with preowned ones.

* sir dr. D thanks for your input. I'm also scouting around for one of your default recom, an Innova. Although with the 2nd hand prices for it, it seems much wiser and simpler to get a brand new one.

* sir GTI I get what you mean about the BK's age.
    You know its nice because I originally wanted to send my post as a pm to you but was unable to do so because your inbox was full. It seems there are a lot like me who want to get you advice.
    There's another prospect I'm looking at which just might be a much better option- a brand new Montero GLS MT 4X4 with a very nice discount(438k). I'll know tomorrow if its still available.

Ps: my apologies for the consecutive posts. I was looking for the option to quote multiple posts or to edit but could not seem to find it. I could only edit this post which has no qoutes.
    Regarding the Innova, I would agree it is a valid option, especially if you find one under Toyota Pre-owned so that you at least get 1 year warranty from them along with the "various points" checkup before it is sold to you (supposedly). This was an option we were exploring before we found issues with my dad's office vehicle. So we opted for a BNEW DMax for more cargo hauling flexibilty instead of the Innova. But when we asked back then, I think it was Toyota balintawak that had about a 3 year old (I think, surely it wasn't 5 year old) Innova G ( I can't recall completely but I am sure it wasn't a V Trim) that had below 20k kms in the odo and they were asking below 1million for it, i think around 900k ++.

But if just the Pajero or Montero as the choice, I feel the Montero is the more "flexible" option should there be a sudden change of heart in the future, then you have a "wider" net to cast for 2nd hand buyers in the future. But agree as well about the space inside as really only good for 7 regular sized adults, though we did attempt 9 adults in it (previous gen Montero, 2012 Model Year). A really tight squeeze, along with some light luggage for each person inside the car (no storage above the roof). =)

Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    * sir monty_GTV yup I'm contemplating getting a BN montero or Innova and calling it a day. The reason I'm looking at preowned cars is that I feel, with a lot of patience, I can get more car for my money with preowned ones.

* sir dr. D thanks for your input. I'm also scouting around for one of your default recom, an Innova. Although with the 2nd hand prices for it, it seems much wiser and simpler to get a brand new one.

* sir GTI I get what you mean about the BK's age.
    You know its nice because I originally wanted to send my post as a pm to you but was unable to do so because your inbox was full. It seems there are a lot like me who want to get you advice.
    There's another prospect I'm looking at which just might be a much better option- a brand new Montero GLS MT 4X4 with a very nice discount(438k). I'll know tomorrow if its still available.

Ps: my apologies for the consecutive posts. I was looking for the option to quote multiple posts or to edit but could not seem to find it. I could only edit this post which has no qoutes.
    To quote multiple posts you can just click all the posts you want to quote and then click the reply button.

Had no idea my inbox was full. Second Hand medium SUV Budget is 1M

Now if you ask me, unless you are a diehard BK fan, are planning to sell the vehicle soon, or the BK in question happens to be the VGT equipped version, I'd say the Montero is much better.

Also, have you seen the BK's 3rd row seat? I have never seen a 3rd row seat this small! Second Hand medium SUV Budget is 1M

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    To quote multiple posts you can just click all the posts you want to quote and then click the reply button.

Had no idea my inbox was full. Second Hand medium SUV Budget is 1M

Now if you ask me, unless you are a diehard BK fan, are planning to sell the vehicle soon, or the BK in question happens to be the VGT equipped version, I'd say the Montero is much better.

Also, have you seen the BK's 3rd row seat? I have never seen a 3rd row seat this small! Second Hand medium SUV Budget is 1M

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    i think the BK in question was a 2012 model and not the refreshed VGT version that came up late 2016 or early 2017.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks sir. What I have in my favor is time. I can take time looking since we're making do with an in-law provided car. Fortunately for me my father-in-law can no longer drive so we're the ones using their car. ☺️

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks sir. What I have in my favor is time. I can take time looking since we're making do with an in-law provided car. Fortunately for me my father-in-law can no longer drive so we're the ones using their car. ☺️
    buy it from him?
    both of you will be happy...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    They've practically given it to us doc so no concern there. Its a corolla they bought brand new. But we need a bigger car for weekend family outings so the reason for my hunt. It's easy to run out of space when the kids' stuff are all brought along.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Also have a budget of 1m and I'm looking at a pajero bk 2012 diesel and a montero gls mt 4x4 2016. The car we'll get will be used mostly on weekends and holidays( as well as a coding car) i.e. it will be a family outing car.

The bk currently has around 82k mileage, all stock, and is being sold by the owner who is making space for a van since they need the bigger car. He's asking for 1.05m tbough I think I can get it at 1m flat.

The montero is being sold by a bayan seller, has 30k on the odo and is still in the name of Mitsubishi Corp. The seller says its the former vip car of mitsu execs, but I think its more probable that it's a demo/test drive unit that was disposed by mitsu in lots (the bayan seller has already acquired and sold quite a few similar units). The last price of the seller is at 1.05m.

I'd love to get the pajero with its better shoulder room and more imposing presence, but I'm being held back by the thought that the montero might be the more practical car in the long run.

May I hear your thoughts on this?

Pajero BK VS Monter GLS 4x4 M/T..

Kung 1M.. DP na mas brand new BK or even the GLS 4x4 MT... Tyaga lang po sa research. yung GLS 4x4 MT, nasa 1.3M na lang, (since depreciated) old stock brand new.. ang BK, nasa 2.8M then less -250K...

Ang pinaka-maintenance lang.. yung renewal ng comprehensive.. kung BK, nasa 150K ang insurance.. kung montero, nasa 60-90K..

Yung mga bagong van(s) ngayon, ranging from 100 to 200K na.. depende pa kung anong variant model..pag dating sa comprehensive..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123