New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi guys. Been contemplating lately especially with the excise tax looming and its possible effects on the second hand market. Which kaya would be a better buy between :

a used explorer 2013 up which costs abt 1.2-1.5m

Vs

a used or brandnew fj cruiser (1.4m to 1.9m)

Vs

a used 2010 up gas prado (1.8m to 2.2m)

Factors to consider is road presence (babaw sorry hehe tipong di mabubully and presentable sa clients), Comfort on highway and ease of use in the city streets and mall parking. I may keep the car for five years or forever.

Which would be a better compromise or which between the 3 has perfect balance of their respective qualitites?

Im single and rides solo 90% of the time would be daily driven by me 90% of the time.

Would it seem a downgrade to sell my 2013 ranger which i got brandnew for the above mentioned cars ( has more “pedigree” but second hand)? My ranger has been loyal and got no issues but has become tiring to drive especially this past year.

Please discuss and enlighten if you may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dcph172; November 5th, 2017 at 01:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It will be a choice between the Explorer or Prado. However, since you’re riding solo most of the time, why not get a brand new CUV? Like a Forester XT or Mazda CX5 AWD. Both CUVs are better to drive, more like sedans but with good ground clearance.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    kagabi yun pinapanood ko 24 Hors to Live nagpasabog sila ng 3 identical FJ cruisers, nun start ng movie naman tatlong LC80. maganda yun movie ah kahit laos bida si Ethan Hawke

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would get a v6 black prado from your list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Curious about the FJ- when people say they’re getting one to collect, won’t they have problems with parts later on? Or does it share parts with other Toyota vehicles?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    when I decided for the Z71, yan ang isang contender ko eh FJ. although it's a gas, so may bias ako sa diesel. ang isang ayaw ko sa FJ eh sobrang dami matte finish na material sa labas na pwedeng mamuti at magmukhang luma ang car mo. and then the spare tire, dirt magnet lagi ang may spare tire sa likod, would you beleive I timed cleaning my Pajero, it's 10-15 minutes just to wash and dry the spare tire area kasi dami singit singit na mahirap ma-reach ang dumi.

look at suvs with spare tires, kahit anong kintab ng body sa detail, sa spare tire section nagmumuka luma kasi nga ang hirap i-detail maintain yun eh. so parang holistically, muka pa din luma car mo since people tend to see your car from the rear longer.

so hayun I got the TBZ, my nth 4x4 Car. I collect 4x4s, ewan ko ba city driver lang naman ako pero something deep inside is telling me na kung gagastos ka din lang kumuha ka na ng 4x4.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Having owned both an fj cruiser and a prado the one I would recommend is the prado preferably the diesel variant. The fj ingress egress is such a hassle also its creature comforts and visibility dami blind spots. Fuel economy too talo ka sa fj.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Hi guys. Been contemplating lately especially with the excise tax looming and its possible effects on the second hand market. Which kaya would be a better buy between :

a used explorer 2013 up which costs abt 1.2-1.5m

Vs

a used or brandnew fj cruiser (1.4m to 1.9m)

Vs

a used 2010 up gas prado (1.8m to 2.2m)

Factors to consider is road presence (babaw sorry hehe tipong di mabubully and presentable sa clients), Comfort on highway and ease of use in the city streets and mall parking. I may keep the car for five years or forever.

Which would be a better compromise or which between the 3 has perfect balance of their respective qualitites?

Im single and rides solo 90% of the time would be daily driven by me 90% of the time.

Would it seem a downgrade to sell my 2013 ranger which i got brandnew for the above mentioned cars ( has more “pedigree” but second hand)? My ranger has been loyal and got no issues but has become tiring to drive especially this past year.

Please discuss and enlighten if you may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bibili lang po ng 2nd hand..

Pwede po, kung talagang trusted family or close friend, kahit kapitbahay na migrating na..

Mas ok yan...

Unlike 2nd hand na bibili sa stranger.. di alam kung excessive usage ba?, lalo sa ganyang vehicles, mostly, mga negosyante...
    kahit sabihin na properly maintained, pero yung history ng driving, majority kasi, yung mga high-end vehicle.. hindi owner ang nagmamaneho nyan.. most of the time, merong personal/company driver...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    assistant drivers arent that aggressive..pinapa bagalan ko nga eh.😅

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    assistant drivers arent that aggressive..pinapa bagalan ko nga eh.😅

Sir StockEngine..

Hehehe..

BTW:

Sa Topic Starter..

Wag pairalin ang "Pride"

Harsh word man ito, pero yun po ang talaga ang reality..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast