New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hello guys.

This is the first time I'm going to post here at the automotive forums although I have been visiting the site for almost 6 mos now.

I'm serious considering to get a second hand vehicle specifically a 2000 Nissan Exalta STA A/T. However, I have very little information regarding this vehicle. I have seen the unit for sale and I was quite impressed with its interiors and overall comfort. I just don't want to buy based primarily on aesthetic value only. Any comments on it's engine performance, fuel consumption, maintenance problems, re-sell value, basically everything you guys can provide. Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    gusto ko sya dahil sa features, bullet Nissan engine, AC and fuel economy.
    resale will be to your advantage kase your buying 2nd hand

may rush sale sa tsikot ads, pero 120 thou na milage e.....gamit na talaga,e...

pero i like it too!pero 1.6L lang, but ok naman un, its just me di ko gano feel 1.6L, e...

what i like about it: eto ung stock equipt ha..
    1.park sensors
    2.12-disc jvc system
    3.handsfree for your nokia 6210,7110,6310,6250 cellphone.
    4.rear shades
    5.multi head-light system
    6.especially the sunroof
    7.driver airbag, abs

for me it lacks:
    sentra gts body kit...a bigger engine...

for me ha, its a good buy than a corolla of the same age...di naman nagkakalayo sa piyesa mga yan...

pero if you can fit a nissan sentra exalta-grandeur (ung series 4 na sentra, exaltang tinutukoy mo ay series 3.8 or 3.9 in my opinion) mas ok yun kasi, aside sa makukuha mo sa exalta, may additional kang:
    1. vcd changer system instead na 12-disc audio cd lang..
    2. park distance and speed display sa rear view mirror mo.
    3. sigurado ako may airbag/abs ito...

pero minus the hands free lang, pero what the heck!

almost forgot, since sa dami ng electronics nito, check mo kung working lahat, ok....
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; June 8th, 2006 at 09:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Search ka bro, I think mga 2-3 months ago, hot topic ang 2nd hand sentra dito coz a couple of tsikoteers were shopping for em...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    heard my mechanic commented on nissan exalta STA and SLA models, maybe includes the FE and EX. He overhauled a friend's SLA model and later discovered that pistons are already Taiwan made, di daw ganun kaganda. well, just sharing what i heard

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I already checked previous post here at the site, and what i got are fairly good reviews. However, iba naman ang feedback ko (opposite) from actual people I know. Got me confused tuloy. One thing that really got me thinkin twice is the fact that the 2000 Nissan STA was selling at about 350 - 370 k dito sa site about a year ago. Now, I can find units being sold at 300 to as low as 270 k. Laki ng bagsak ng value. Find this puzzling kung talagang maganda ang vehicle na to.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bagsak talaga value ng Nissan, not because of the vehicles but because of the inherent brand perception. Kaya kung used car buyer ka, swerte ka sa Nissan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

yan ang sinasabi ko sayo, di batayan ang presyo ng used na nissan, talagang bagsak presyo nyan compared to toyota/ mitsu...pinoy mentality ika nga.. same applies to mazda/kia, and most korean brands....

me, i STILL love my nissan auster('89 maxima)... not because i can only sell it below the 100 thousand pesos mark, but, may senti value na sa akin, for me solid car na siya, at ilang beses na ako binuhay nya, noh!

now my prob nalang sa car are its powersteeing rack (wala mabiling plastic parts inside kaya may leak parin, and hard to find ang rack nito din, kung meron, mahal din) and minors (rear glass seals, minor rusts, miniscule kalampags, and basic maintenace)..at 120 thou kms, it is still going strong, in fact mag-dedebu na nga next year,e! now the car is my coding/ reliever kasi sa mahal ng gas, pero gusto ko siya pang highway, can still kick 160kph sa nlex....

tsaka nga pala, sa nissan maxima ko lang nakaencounter na total freeze ng evaporator! up sa labas na cold piping! ganyan kalamig pala talaga aircon nito! im just waiting nalang for its engine to make usok to be ralaced with either a vq20 or sr20de/det....pero baka mga 5 years pa ulit, tahimik pa makina ko,e!

isa ko pang gusto sa nissan, generally, most nissan models dont need spoilers, chins or many body kits to look good...the cars are good itself talaga

pero, mahal talaga maintenance ng executive car compared sa compacts...just like galant and accord/corona/camry...di nagkakalayo ang presyo ng piyesa..

kaya nga nasabi kong sulit ang used nissan..for the same price ng exalta, anu makukuha mo, xe or xl na love life corolla(before altis), big body corolla (94 below),lancer itlog/pizza? compare mo mga sasakyan na iba sa exalta, masasabi mong bare mga un...
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; June 9th, 2006 at 09:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    This model 2000 sentra from STA to FE are made of taiwan-sourced parts talaga...but nothing's wrong with that...it's still Nissan quality. Ok Nissan if you intend to use it long enough...di sya pang-6 months then benta kasi talo sa re-sale. Parts for Sentra are available anywhere....properly check aircon and power steering hoses before buying...yun ang mga unang napapalitan sa sentra ko. Oh and check the electronics if still functioning correctly kasi almost 6 years old na 'to.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by choopot
    Hello guys.

This is the first time I'm going to post here at the automotive forums although I have been visiting the site for almost 6 mos now.

I'm serious considering to get a second hand vehicle specifically a 2000 Nissan Exalta STA A/T. However, I have very little information regarding this vehicle. I have seen the unit for sale and I was quite impressed with its interiors and overall comfort. I just don't want to buy based primarily on aesthetic value only. Any comments on it's engine performance, fuel consumption, maintenance problems, re-sell value, basically everything you guys can provide. Thank you very much.
    Generally the Nissan Sentra Exalta STA a/t is the same mechanically as the revised series 3 (Yulon, Taiwan). This means the mechanical parts would be relatively easy to find. Fuel consumption is roughly the same. The vehicle performance is not as fast as it's counterparts, I guess this is because of the luxury items added. The resale value of the STA is higher than a standard series 3 of the same year... it might be because of the demand of this vehicle, even in the used car market.

The downside of getting this car though is the age. Its already six years old and with any car, parts do get worn out and would need replacing sooner or later. With a slightly higher budget, you can get a "newer" car but the "luxury" will not be there until you hit the P350K mark (2002-2003 model Sentra Grandis).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Review on the Nissan Exalta STA