New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks so far sa feedback. Am not really into "speed" or anything. Am putting more premium on durability of engine as well as fuel efficiency. Of course, the add on comfort is a plus. Am using a 96 Mitsubishi EL and so far has not produced any major problems with regards to engine performance. Will I get the same durability with this type of vehicle? Moreover, have no idea how the exalta a/t consumes fuel with regards to city and highway driving.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i get 7, sometimes 8 KM/L for city driving.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    used to own one, agree w/ all of the pros above...

only downside lang talaga is resale value (aside from attributing it to the nissan badge, i also feel that one more reason is the slew of new cheaper models that have come out recently...city/vios/picanto/getz...imagine, you can get an 04 city for 400k?)

but if you're going to keep it for sometime, it's a great time to buy it....get it cheap now (again, it's market price is NOT indicative of it's real value) and never look back...a good-conditioned one will serve you well....up to now people who've ridden in my exalta before ask me what happened to my "CEFIRO"

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *sigh*, I miss mine.

But I agree with alwayz_yummy (always ba talaga? ), check everything before you buy it, as there are so many gadgets and gizmos on the car, the electrical system really gets a workout.

It's not exactly the most reliable car on earth, as I've had my share of accessory niggles, but the engine (even with Taiwanese parts) never gave me any problems that weren't caused by my own stupidity (e.g.: I overhauled it, but only because I hydrolocked it in a flood... ).

Masyado nga lang soft ang suspension, so check too, that the car you're looking at doesn't sag too much... once you get the car, on go lowering springs and gas shocks... (wahoo!!!)

Sayang, a friend just sold his Exalta STA... a white one with very little mileage (he lives less than four kilometers from work, and we live in the province, to boot... no traffic). Only problems are marker stains on the leather and the airconditioner... but as I sold him my extra compressor (2 years old, removed to make room for... errh... certain "modifications"), it was just about as good as new when he sold it.

Wala pang dents... medyo asar nga ako that he didn't tell me he was selling...
    Last edited by niky; June 11th, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

sir niky, di naman, hilig lang talaga ko sa sarap

hope makakuha ng good deal si sir choopot..tip ko pa, pag nakipagmit ka anyayahin mo sa gasolinahan/shop na may lifeter para macheck mo ung ride and ung ilalim ng car... pacheck mo mechanic dun sa shop kung anu ang sira, then tawaran mo ung mga kailangan ipagawa...

plus dala ka ng digi cam and recorder for archiving....kung sakaling more than 1 ang target unit mo...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [FONT=Garamond]Guys help,
    Im currrently looking for an exalta but since im not familiar with the car, i wanna know sum details.

1. What is the difference between exalta STA vs. SLA?
    2. Where is the CD changer exactly located if i wanna check it?
    3. I learned my back sensor daw ito, pano yun as in pag nag rereverse ka may sound na tumutunog?

thank you![/FONT]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    changer nasa trunk, if it's the same changer na clarion sa altima, it's junk, along with the HU hehe sell it and get an mp3 player :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lhestah
    [FONT=Garamond]Guys help,
    Im currrently looking for an exalta but since im not familiar with the car, i wanna know sum details.

1. What is the difference between exalta STA vs. SLA?
    2. Where is the CD changer exactly located if i wanna check it?
    3. I learned my back sensor daw ito, pano yun as in pag nag rereverse ka may sound na tumutunog?

thank you![/FONT]
    answer ko in order,h..

1.STA:sunroof, handsfree for your nokia 6210,6250,7110,6310 celphone, 12 disc chnger, jvc unit rear shade..
    SLA: alisin mo lahat ng binangit ko sa STA...

2.the changer is located under the front passenger seat, unless relocated by the first owner...the face of the changer is facing to the front...

3.yup, pag nag-R ka: *tut*.........
    pag may obstable at palapit ka na: *tut*.......*tut*.....*tut*...*tut*..*tut*.*tut*
    pag malapit na: *tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut*

hay nakaka-u*tut*...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    answer ko in order,h..

1.STA:sunroof, handsfree for your nokia 6210,6250,7110,6310 celphone, 12 disc chnger, jvc unit rear shade..
    SLA: alisin mo lahat ng binangit ko sa STA...

2.the changer is located under the front passenger seat, unless relocated by the first owner...the face of the changer is facing to the front...

3.yup, pag nag-R ka: *tut*.........
    pag may obstable at palapit ka na: *tut*.......*tut*.....*tut*...*tut*..*tut*.*tut*
    pag malapit na: *tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut**tut*

hay nakaka-u*tut*...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Salamat po ng madami sa mga sumagot sa inquiry ko ha!!!!

hmmmmm...ibig sabihin nde na gumagana back sensor nung na test drive ko kse walang nag tutuut nung umaatras ako considering na may oto na malapit sa likuran...hmmmmm. Pero sayang pinaglagpas ko pa yung deal 270 nya binibigay mura na pala yun! sayang! ARRG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Review on the Nissan Exalta STA