New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tsikoteers,
    How's the resale value of the Subaru Forester & ease of maintaining in comparison to other brands. Though many might say Toyota, how does it par with other brands? Thank you.....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    This has been discussed over and over already. Just go to the subaru section and back read a couple of threads.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    This has been discussed over and over already. Just go to the subaru section and back read a couple of threads.
    Thank you, the very reason I posted this thread under car comparison, so that I can get unbiased opinion.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    Thank you, the very reason I posted this thread under car comparison, so that I can get unbiased opinion.
    True.

I know somebody who owns one, no problem nman daw with the maintenance as it is resilient. Just dont know about the resale value, he owns d car for about 3yrs now and i dont see any plans of him selling d car.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    like i said it has been discussed over and over again by owners and non owners. even in car comparison section it has been discussed over and over and every time some one considers a subaru this exact question is always asked. on the subaru section you can see actual prices of pms and parts. here in the comparison section you won't really get enough details since most people assume it is expensive to maintain based on nothing or sabi ng nanay/tatay/lolo/lola/kuya/ate/kapit bahay/kaibigan/kabit/aso ng kapit bahay.

anyway here's a post by niky one of the most informative members here comparing the rav4 and forester.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *In before people coming in spouting stuff about Toyotas being cheaper to maintain because they've never owned a Toyota more expensive than a 4AFE-equipped Corolla... ...and have thus never known the horror of fruitlessly searching for parts for a 2.2 Camry outside of Banawe...

- Comfort - I'd give it to the RAV4, slightly, for ride, but the new Fozzie is pretty spacious, and easy to see out of because of the slim A-pillars and upright windshield.
    - Cost to maintain - Within the warranty period, similar, except note that Subaru spark plug changes cost more, due to the difficulty of changing plugs on a boxer engine with the spark plug wells facing the wheels.
    - Reliability - Nobody knows yet.

- Good looks - Both look great.
    - Safety - Consider the Forester is the only truck to ace the new corner impact test in the US, so far. Big plus. X-mode is also pretty good for some mild off-roading, and water-fording depth is pretty good. The RAV4, like the CR-V, has the air intake snorkel down low.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    To TS: cost at PMS for subaru 2.0 NA engine is the same as any Toyota 2.0 engine sa casa. +- 1000 php. If u buy a turbo subaru, it will be more expensive.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    To TS: cost at PMS for subaru 2.0 NA engine is the same as any Toyota 2.0 engine sa casa. +- 1000 php. If u buy a turbo subaru, it will be more expensive.
    Thank you all, totally convinced na. I will be getting the satin white and there's one more satin white in Pampanga Subaru for anyone interested. My choices are red and white since the black accent design are more visible at head turner talaga when you see one. I plan to replace the stock mags & tires para mas gumanda ang tindig pero keep ko rin yung stock during pms para di ma void warranty. Also replace the HU with flyaudio pero ask ko muna dealer to make sure di ma-void warranty. Will post more sa forum to help others as all of you did....

Comments naman yung max offset rims na pwede....

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Growl audio ata better. I replaced mine, outside of casa, may warranty pa rin naman yun car ko dati.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thank you all, totally convinced na. I will be getting the satin white and there's one more satin white in Pampanga Subaru for anyone interested. My choices are red and white since the black accent design are more visible at head turner talaga when you see one. I plan to replace the stock mags & tires para mas gumanda ang tindig pero keep ko rin yung stock during pms para di ma void warranty. Also replace the HU with flyaudio pero ask ko muna dealer to make sure di ma-void warranty. Will post more sa forum to help others as all of you did....

Comments naman yung max offset rims na pwede....
    don't worry about your warranty as long as you put the right size and off set then there is no reason for MI to deny your warranty, also even the flyaudio there is no way MI will deny your warranty because of it since it is plug and play. that's the best thing about MI, when it comes to after market parts they aren't that strict. unlike other casas na palitan lang ang rims wala na agad warranty.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Growl audio ata better. I replaced mine, outside of casa, may warranty pa rin naman yun car ko dati.
    better will depend on what you want, but the safest and best all around is the flyaudio. it's plug and play so no splicing will be done to your wire, no need to worry about anything breaking because of splicing and it's an exact fit to your stock dashboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resale Value & Ease of Maintenancr of Subaru Forester compared to other Brands