New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a real shame (and a big hit in value lost) to sell a car just seven months old.

That said: Buy a Jazz 1.5 with the paddle-shifters and a turbo-kit. You can make about 150 whp on the stock transmission. She happy. You happy. Everyone happy.

Have it done at Speedlab and make Ferman Lao happy. Tell him it's a gift from me.
    Last edited by niky; March 7th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Wise choice, No. Practical choice, Oo.

Kung kaya ng budget keep the GC. Buy your mrs. a Jazz.

Mamimiss mo yan and you will regret it. Sa isip mo. Meron ako nyan dati. tapos you're driving a jazz. I would compare it to having a super hot Kpop star thats pretty much useless sa household work tapos pinagpalit mo sa cute na katulong na galing thailand dahil magaling sya maglaba at mag plantsya.

But if I were you, get her a second hand hyundai matrix diesel crdi. Around 300K. You won't regret it masmatipid pa yan sa Jazz, and way more fun to drive hindi sya underpowered. lakas ng hatak nito sobra. The engine is the same as those super accent crdi taxis. Down side, manual nga lang and mas maliit ng konti ang malalagyan mo sa likod, and it looks ugly, design by pinafarina on a drunken rage malamang. And its turbo so masmahal ang maintenance but if you compare it to a honda mura parin dahil hyundai. :P

PS.

Dapat sumama ka sa reflash. Maiinlove ka lalo sa GC mo. Sobrang ang saya na nya i drive. From Kpop star bilang naging ****star!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I've actually considered the ASX, in fact I did consider it prior to getting the GC. My wife just couldn't get along with its looks (a bit disproportionate). I personally do not find the looks offensive. Since you own one, may I request for a bullet point review? A highlight of its strengths and weaknesses perhaps. I'm certain you will have some biases, as everyone else does, but I'm sure you will be objective enough as you have driven and owned other cars as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    IN that case, how about getting a CUV. It doesn't feel as big when you drive it plus the visibility of all corners is easy. I even found driving the ASX easier than adjusting to the Lancer EX. It might be a good compromise of having a car that the Mrs can drive and still have something relatively fast and fun to drive.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post

Mamimiss mo yan and you will regret it. Sa isip mo. Meron ako nyan dati. tapos you're driving a jazz. I would compare it to having a super hot Kpop star thats pretty much useless sa household work tapos pinagpalit mo sa cute na katulong na galing thailand dahil magaling sya maglaba at mag plantsya.

But if I were you, get her a second hand hyundai matrix diesel crdi. Around 300K. You won't regret it masmatipid pa yan sa Jazz, and way more fun to drive hindi sya underpowered. lakas ng hatak nito sobra. The engine is the same as those super accent crdi taxis. Down side, manual nga lang and mas maliit ng konti ang malalagyan mo sa likod, and it looks ugly, design by pinafarina on a drunken rage malamang. And its turbo so masmahal ang maintenance but if you compare it to a honda mura parin dahil hyundai. :P

PS.

Dapat sumama ka sa reflash. Maiinlove ka lalo sa GC mo. Sobrang ang saya na nya i drive. From Kpop star bilang naging ****star!

^ I'm leaning more to this opinion. Kung ako kay TS ito ang gagawin ko. Kahit sa kalsada pwede night parking ang Matrix, dito sa lugar namin daming naka road side parking sa gabi.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hahaha! Pinatawa mo ko mate. Interesting analogy!

I love my GC, no doubt about it. I'm just looking after my wife's need/wants or comfort. Was supposed to join the reflash but I backed out as I went out of the country during that weekend. I also frequent the GC page but there isn't much activity compared to tsikot.

Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post

PS.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    I've actually considered the ASX, in fact I did consider it prior to getting the GC. My wife just couldn't get along with its looks (a bit disproportionate). I personally do not find the looks offensive. Since you own one, may I request for a bullet point review? A highlight of its strengths and weaknesses perhaps. I'm certain you will have some biases, as everyone else does, but I'm sure you will be objective enough as you have driven and owned other cars as well.
    Thanks
    MITSUBISHI ASX 2.0 GLS (2WD)

Pros:
    -smooth ride
    -smooth shifts (CVT tranny)
    -paddle shifts
    -smooth acceleration
    -powerful engine (I have reached 195kph but not vmax yet)
    -ride height "feel" not that much higher than sedan
    -higher ground clearance for clearing some small floods or minor offroad action (like sidewalk jumping).
    -2DIN headunit with GPS (radio, cd, mp3, usb, bluetooth)
    -steering wheel controls for HU.
    -backup sensors aid in parking.
    -rear seat legroom more than adequate
    -my 80 year old mom loves riding in my ASX, easy to get in and out plus the smooth ride.
    -anchor points in the cargo area (for cargo net or tie down straps).
    -auto climate aircon (set the temp and then forget about it)
    -engine performance upgradable with SPEEDLAB POWER PACKAGE

Cons:
    -small-ish cargo area (if comparing to CRV or similar but you can expand the space by folding down the rear seats)
    -no leather interior option
    -no rear aircon vents
    -interior all black (might feel a bit boring but better than in the LANCER EX GTA)
    -head unit could be better (sound is okay but touch screen is often hard to use if you need to input a lot of info like GPS mode)
    -no back-up camera (but you can import ASX rear cam and have it installed at winterpine).
    -if you replace the HU, steering wheel controls will be useless.
    -no cruise control (now available in the Lancer EX)
    -right fender clearance slightly hard to estimate.
    -interior light only for front seats, no rear interior light
    -no rear cargo deck cover (not available at casa)
    -no auto-lock for the doors
    -no factory alarm (remote unlock/lock key only)
    -factory horn rather "puny"
    -plastic front fenders (reduces weight but might make it feel "cheap").

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the details *GH. A test drive will be in order as soon as I get the chance.

*Niky, Good suggestion! hahaha! Unfortunately, I have never owned a honda and would like to keep things stock in case some things go wrong.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    MITSUBISHI ASX 2.0 GLS (2WD)

Pros:
    -smooth ride
    -smooth shifts (CVT tranny)
    -paddle shifts
    -smooth acceleration
    -powerful engine (I have reached 195kph but not vmax yet)
    -ride height "feel" not that much higher than sedan
    -higher ground clearance for clearing some small floods or minor offroad action (like sidewalk jumping).
    -2DIN headunit with GPS (radio, cd, mp3, usb, bluetooth)
    -steering wheel controls for HU.
    -backup sensors aid in parking.
    -rear seat legroom more than adequate
    -my 80 year old mom loves riding in my ASX, easy to get in and out plus the smooth ride.
    -anchor points in the cargo area (for cargo net or tie down straps).
    -auto climate aircon (set the temp and then forget about it)
    -engine performance upgradable with SPEEDLAB POWER PACKAGE

Cons:
    -small-ish cargo area (if comparing to CRV or similar but you can expand the space by folding down the rear seats)
    -no leather interior option
    -no rear aircon vents
    -interior all black (might feel a bit boring but better than in the LANCER EX GTA)
    -head unit could be better (sound is okay but touch screen is often hard to use if you need to input a lot of info like GPS mode)
    -no back-up camera (but you can import ASX rear cam and have it installed at winterpine).
    -if you replace the HU, steering wheel controls will be useless.
    -no cruise control (now available in the Lancer EX)
    -right fender clearance slightly hard to estimate.
    -interior light only for front seats, no rear interior light
    -no rear cargo deck cover (not available at casa)
    -no auto-lock for the doors
    -no factory alarm (remote unlock/lock key only)
    -factory horn rather "puny"
    -plastic front fenders (reduces weight but might make it feel "cheap").

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Give the wife ... "what she needs, wants, likes"

and the rest will follow .... (fill in the blanks) ..

Don't ask me how I know!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    wow, you must love your wifey very much to sacrifice such a fine car with a moderate amount of depreciation.. Congratulations.

anyway, my suggestion is keep the GC and get a 2nd hand accent CRDi for the wifey. (or whatever subcompact she desires)

its a good car. Plus, since you don't use the GC often, and your wife doesn't use it too, mas long ang intervals ng maintenance ng GC

Getting a 2nd-hand subcompact might solve your issue without getting rid of the Genesis.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast