New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi All,

Was thinking of replacing my 7-8 month old genesis coupe (<7k km on the odo) with a honda jazz 1.5, as the missus is having a hard time driving it. She feels its too wide and hefty for her, plus its manual. I'm thinking of getting a Jazz or a fiesta (sub-compacts only please) so she can drive it easily. We both love the Mini but its out of our price range at this stage in our life. We just got married and don't plan on having kids in the next couple of years. I only drive the car for 2 weeks in a six week period and she has to drive it the rest of the 4 weeks due to my work.

I'm a bit biased to the Jazz because of its utility. I've test driven both cars and found it underpowered because I came from test driving a smooth 2.0 liter Lancer prior to testing these two. However, I'm still undecided.

Would appreciate your suggestions and comments.

Thanks,

Neil

PS. Never had any issues with the GC.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sayang naman yung GC... buy ka na lang ng sub compact na i10, celerio and the likes for everyday drive

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    sayang naman yung GC... buy ka na lang ng sub compact na i10, celerio and the likes for everyday drive
    +1 or a second hand car instead. Marami naman diyan in good condition na Vios or Picanto.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    No. Keep the gc. And buy her a jazz.(base model) mura lang naman d/p ng jazz. Yunh depreciation value gc mo ay katumbas ng d/p ng jazz

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about opting for a CUV like the Hyundai Tucson or Mitsubishi ASX or the Lancer EX GLS?

I do agree with you that the Genesis Coupe does feel very wide when you drive it.

Alternative is simply to buy your wife a small car of her choice & keep your Genesis Coupe for yourself. (assuming you can afford both cars and have enough parking as well).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 7th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sayang naman GC. tama sila bili ka na lang ng cheap city minicar. i10, alto, spark, picanto rio etc etc.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I actually don't have issues driving the GC, its wide but you get used to it and doesn't feel its wide after some time. But my wife have not adjusted to the width of the car when she's driving it.

I don't have problems driving it in the city as well (armed with mmda app, you can choose your routes sensibly). I have not considered cars smaller than the jazz and fiesta as there is no appreciable benefits in obtaining one as it consumes the same amount of fuel due to power/weight ratio.

We only have one garage plus I do not like the idea of maintaining two vehicles as its not cost effective.

*GH -- I thought about it but the objective really is to get a vehicle that the missus can drive comfortably.

Thanks a lot guys, please keep em coming...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is that so.

Hmmmm. Stick to the one you have test driven -- Lancer EX.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    We only have one garage and I do not like the idea of maintaining two vehicles as its not cost effective.

*GH -- I thought about it but the objective really is to get a vehicle that the missus can drive comfortably.

Thanks a lot guys, please keep em coming...
    IN that case, how about getting a CUV. It doesn't feel as big when you drive it plus the visibility of all corners is easy. I even found driving the ASX easier than adjusting to the Lancer EX. It might be a good compromise of having a car that the Mrs can drive and still have something relatively fast and fun to drive.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Is that so.

Hmmmm. Stick to the one you have test driven -- Lancer EX.
    One thing I found with the Lancer EX, it is hard to back up with the EX. The rear simply feels too long when you try driving the car in reverse (as in parking).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast