New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    145 whp is in the same ballpark as a stock MINI Cooper S. The Jazz should feel just as good as an automatic MINI. All that will be missing then is a better suspension...

Yup... the GE with paddle shifts is very responsive... only time it feels lacking is in 3rd gear on the highway. It's faster than all the other 1.5 and 1.6 ATs in the class, including the Fiesta DCT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    1.2m --The lowest I'm willing to let it go for, considering that it still has a lot of years remaining in the warranty. <7k km mileage. registered still for the next couple of years. I think its already a bargain at 1.2m.
    Magkano ba tong GC noong binili mo bro?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    1.4m bro. Are you interested?

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Magkano ba tong GC noong binili mo bro?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Niky, how much is the turbo-kit ? and does the Jazz with that turbo kit become almost as fast as a mini cooper S ? Im interested !!!!

Sorry for the O/T post above.

But back to the topic : I'd get the Jazz 1.5 with paddle shifters. In stock form its fun to drive, easy to park, good looking, lots of interior space and for sure your wife will love it. Its a happy car all around. I love mine . To the poster who said the Paddle shifts dont follow you, maybe his car had an issue. Mine are very responsive . Click click....
    With the time I had it, and been playing with it.

Yun upshift may konting lag. And hindi hindi din sumusunod sa gusto ko gear, well baka mababa masydo yun speed to upshift din. hahaha.

Pag downsift Wala. kung trip lang nya. Doesn't downshift when I want to. Kahit 1 gear lower man lang. I have to click multiple times and lower my rpm. Hirap tuloy mag spirited driving lalo na sa corners. Wala na nga feel yun manibela kung ano ng yayari sa gulong mo, hindi mo pa ma control yun rpm mo. Pero hindi naman para sa ganun yun jazz.

FC, cargo space at cup holders kaya kami na sold dito. Yun talaga ang selling point nun jazz eh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you want steering feel in a car that cheap, there's only two places to go... the Suzuki Swift or the Mazda2. Neither has paddles, but both are better enjoyed in manual, anyway. (except you can't get a Mazda2 1.5 hatch in manual... only the 1.5 sedan and 1.3 hatch)

-

Most paddle shifters will not give you the total control of a manual transmission at all. The only set that's come close for me, in recent years, has been the paddle-shift dual clutch on the Mitsubishi Ralliart/Evo... but that one has the downside of being very clunky in traffic.

But the lack of control is mostly because they're programmed not to allow you to shift down or up when the rpms in the gear you're shifting into will be too high or too low, causing transmission damage... so you have to plan your shifts carefully, just as you would with a manual.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Yup S mode yun. OK naman ang upshift it does hold the rpm, down shift talaga yun matigas ang ulo. Sanay lang talaga ako sa manual. hahaha.

Yan ang hindi ko na alam regarding the paddle shifter. Pati hindi man lang umabot ng 1500kms yun. So baka andun pa din sya sa learning process ng driving, Even yun FC daw tumataas after some time mga 4K Kms daw. Well wala na din sa amin yun eh. So i really won't know kung may problema yun shifter nun.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345