New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The reconditioned Micra was indeed the basis for the Verita (Nissan just swapped out the front and rear fascia and trimmed it differently).

However, what Norkis fails to mention is that the units are not only reconditoined, they are also converted (RHD to LHD). I don't have anything against converted vehicles. But if you want a day-in, day-out commuter car, I would not recommend them.

The Chevy Spark M/T (no A/T available) at Php490k is too expensive for such a little car. About the only thing going for it is the 3-pt seatbelts for ALL seats (including center rear) and the rear foglamp. For something sold as a 2007 model, it's kind of odd that the Spark's audio system only accomodates casettes. For a little more (Php520k), you could already be driving a Kia Picanto A/T. Complete with alarm, central locking, front power windows, MP3 player, etc. The Kia also enjoys third-party (non-casa) support so parts and services are abundant. The Picanto M/T comes in at around Php475k with the same features as the A/T. There is a 'bare' version of the Picanto M/Tavailable for those on a really tight budget.

If you are really on a tight tight budget, a Kia Pride is hard to beat. The GTX model was available with A/T, power features, alloy wheels, etc. They are easy to fix and cheap to run. The modern interpretation of the VW Beetle if I ever saw one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    get the opel tigra ... seriously with all the gm and opel problems ... ito alng yung opel na wala akong naring na reklamo .. so far a ... kmabga nadamay lang siya sa kabulukan ng vectra omega ... plus you can get parts at thunder which is really cheap ! so no problem tsaka opel marami naman shops ngaoyn nakakagawa nyan e khit norma na talyer kaya na nila yan

well its better than the reconditoned micra

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: 1.3 Micra engine:

Yes, it's used in the Verita, but that doesn't mean parts will be widely available... just that you can find them if you look hard enough... iba pa rin ito sa 1.3 na Sentra engine (looked at the Verita before).

Chevy Spark

Gospel ang sabi ni Boss OTEP (as always... hehehe), it's just too small for the price. I was willing to be forgiving, but when I went to look at the Chevy display, I saw last decade's plastics, rock hard seat cushions with no thigh support, and a car so small you could probably shove it into the Jazz (seats folded flat config) and still close the trunk. The Picanto is still a better buy... or the Getz (which is bigger).

Norkis

Given that they're only reconditioned and not rebuilt with brand new parts... it's hard to see how you could recommend these things over a rebuilt local motor vehicle. Hell, spend that much on a Pride and it'll be a killer showcar! Also as a minus for Norkis cars as dealer-sold vehicles go is the pathetic warranty period, owner-type level of finish in terms of paint and upholstery, and the general "cheap" feeling.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend has a Tigra. It was sold in relatively small numbers. According to him, dealer service is expensive. Though parts sold through Thunder seem to be reasonable enough when I inquired, only catch is they are on a per-order basis. Only consumables are stocked. AFAIK, his unit was a '98 model. Had problems with the starter and alternator. He also could not get a replacement alloy wheel at a decent price (nasira yung wheel after a crash). He's only keeping it because no one will buy it at a decent price. He drives a beat up EG hatch on most days.

But a Tigra is still better than that Maverick. At least for me. However, I find neither of them practical nor cost-effective.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ^tama ang sabi nila

OT: magkano ba yung local na nissan verita? hndi yung galing norkis ha.. nagagandahan kse ako sa porma nito.. simply classic

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Opel Tigra?? di ba sports coupe yun? Baka Opel Corsa

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Tigra is a ***y coupe with modest performance (nothing approaching sportscar level).

The Corsa was not released locally, AFAIK.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    corsa was not available here, so it must be the tigra. but stay out of the tigra. i read in UK Top Gear magazine several years ago: the worst car in UK in terms of customer satisfaction. daming reliability problems.
    hhmmmm, re-badged micra... i saw that on the streets minsan. norkis pala may re-condition nito. matignan nga closely. looks interesting.
    pero as they say, kia pride may be a better bet.
    nagtataka lang ako sa mga posters pag may nagtatanong for budget cars, marami lagi nag rerecommend ng brand new picanto or getz. medyo kapos nga sa budget eh, kaya nga 2nd hand ang hinahanap. the money to be saved in buying a 2nd hand may be used in some other things. siguro lang maraming tsikoteers na well-off. meron ding tsikoteers na may limited budget, hope you understand. hard earned money ang papambili ng budget cars. so keep your suggestions coming!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka po dahil may mga attractive financing options at maraming incentives ang Kia and Hyundai during most parts of the year.

Yung kuya ni commander bibili din dapat ng W123 Mercedes ('81 model ata) for Php135k. Kaya lang medyo nagkaron ng konting aberya. Ended up instead with a Kia Picanto na brand new. Php125k cash out and medyo long term ang financing. Medyo talo siya sa interes dahil sa haba ng term pero ok na din sa kanya kasi first time lang magka-brand new. hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yeh, the corsa was not released here but I think the Maverick is not a sports coupe, but it is a hatch that is based on the Corsa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Reconditioned Norkis "Maverick"? 99 Opel Tigra?