New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    you can include Ford Escape...
    i didn't see a lot of positive reviews on the ford escape here. saka it looks quite old. would an escape actually be better than an altis/civic/tucson?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Atsaka Escape is P1.05M so kung ok sayo a bit above then its ok pero I still feel Tucson is a better choice between the two crossovers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd check out the Lancer and gas Tucson (the diesel is over 1M).

Heck, even a Jazz 1.5 would fit the bill unless you're driving to Baler. I used to take my Altis to the Surf spots in Zambales and that is needed is a good roof carrier for the boards.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i love looking at these car comparison posts... gives me a chance to daydream hehehe.

kelan kaya ako makakapag post dito ng "pls help me choose between a 2009 ford expedition or 2009 jeep cherokee"... haaay, hirap ng buhay ngayon...hehehe.

i would get a super fresh fieldmaster, for 1M. built like a tank, reliable, spacious, nice handling (for a SUV). if you're lucky you may even get the 4wd version.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by neopuma View Post
    i didn't see a lot of positive reviews on the ford escape here. saka it looks quite old. would an escape actually be better than an altis/civic/tucson?
    Well?! its old (the platform) but the reason it lasted also this long is its good build. you get i think 8 to 8 Kl/L on the FC. Ford has promos, i think youcan get an escape at 9.55K.

Anyway it depends really on your use of the vehicle, i would personally get a crossover if the budget permits for versatility, medyo ma taas ang ground clearance for occasional offroad if need be yet nice to look at on city driving.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if you're going to check the tucson gas, might as well take a look at the ford escape. +1 also on the jazz.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    if you're going to check the tucson gas, might as well take a look at the ford escape. +1 also on the jazz.
    im surprised how much a jazz can hold, it looks desceptively small.. :D Jazz is a good choice as well..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kelangan ba sedan?

I'll pick the Innova E if its an all-rounder.

If you aspire for a carlike handling but a space for more, get the Livina.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanks everyone! very helpful - i've narrowed it down to
    1. tucson/escape - will test drive both
    2. altis 1.6v
    3. jazz 1.5

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I might vote for the Jazz 1.5L M/T but you might have to put the surfboards on the roof.

BTW, have you considered the Nissan X-Trail? (since you have considered a couple other SUVs). 2nd hand units from 2003 to 2005 are priced around P550k (plus-minus 50K).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
recommended buy for under 1M