New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Guys before this is my question (below) ... But now, i am dealing between RAV4 4x4 and subaru tribeca or forester... Any comments or suggestions? Thanks...

Pls help I am a first time car owner... I don't know what to have... But my first bet is rav4 but still thinking and looking around... I am fond of nice and techie interior design and interior facilities... you may also suggest ... Hope you can help me to decide...

Some lil' info bout me... 27 female first time car owner 4 months driving, I will use the car maybe around the city (manila) , bulacan and pampangga...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    forester xt. all wheel drive + turbo. lakas lang sa gas if mabigat paa mo. may motor image na dyan sa pampanga. mataas din resale and one of the safest compact SUVs out there. 6 airbags, stability control, abs, excellent crash test ratings. non turbo version expected to be more reliable with cheaper maintenance but with similar fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Cool... So mas ok sya sa rav4 ... How about tribeca? Top of the line daw nila yun... Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have driven the Forester XT for several times and indeed, the power is spectacular.

However, since you're a girl I would doubt that you would even test the car's limits. Hence, it might just be a waste of money to buy one. Second, the Forester XT is expensive to maintain and run. The PMS cost are high and it drinks fuel a lot more than expected, too. But if you're the kind of girl who's thirsty for speed and power, then this car would definitely suit you best.

I like the RAV4, but for its price it's not worth it. The design is dated and there are lots of alternatives which are a lot better than the RAV.

I don't know much about the Tribeca since only a handful of people has one. But basing from its overall specs, I don't find it worth it either.

Your best bet ma'm would be the Nissan XTrail. Practical in almost every way.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'd remove the RAV4 from your list. It's too expensive for what it offers.

Now, Forester or Tribeca... Do you have a large family or will you be hauling a lot of stuff? The Tribeca seats 7 while the Forester seats 4/5. If you need room, get the Tribeca. Otherwise, I'd go for a Forester.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ay, oo nga pala. Maliit ang legroom ng Forester ha.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with what everyone said, the rav4 is just not worth it's price. there are other options that offers a lot more than what the rav4 offers.

the tribeca is also the same, too expensive for what it offers. i'd get a cx-9 or ford explorer instead.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hmmmmm.... Thanks guys.... Small family lang actually ako lang and friends if ever... Or in the future hubby and kids... Pero matagal pa yun...

Pati sa harap and gitna maliit ang leg room? *renzo? D ko ksi nakita sa showroom yun e

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Well make it a point to see first what you're buying!

Sayang naman parang blind purchase hehe.

Consider both the Tucson and the new CRV coming later this year.

Pero yung ayaw ko sa Tucson ng kapatid ko, lakas sa gas. Magkasinlakas sa gas yung 2.0 niya sa 2.4 na Camry namin =/

My money on the CRV

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Why what's wrong with the subaru? Just asking I just want to know po thanks...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
rav4 4x4 , or subaru tribeca or forester pls help