New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Well make it a point to see first what you're buying!

Sayang naman parang blind purchase hehe.

Consider both the Tucson and the new CRV coming later this year.

Pero yung ayaw ko sa Tucson ng kapatid ko, lakas sa gas. Magkasinlakas sa gas yung 2.0 niya sa 2.4 na Camry namin =/

My money on the CRV
    Why what's wrong with the subaru? Just asking I just want to know po thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My post implied nothing wrong with the Subarus.

It's just that I think you should have a good look muna at the vehicle you're buying sa showroom talaga. And better if you test drive.

This applies to all vehicles (INCLUDING THOSE I'M RECOMMENDING) because while we can only suggest what car MAY fit you, only you can decide which car is perfect for your needs.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I suggest you test drive all the vehicles in your shortlist. Its free! And you also get to gauge if it is indeed for you. It's an emotional choice (with a budget limitation, if there's none, we will all be driving italian and german exotics... hehe) so pick which you feel is for you.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I had a Subaru FXT and it consumes more fuel than my STI but actually handles better than my X3. If the diesel variant were available in the Philippines I'd buy the Forester again.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaybee84 View Post
    Why what's wrong with the subaru? Just asking I just want to know po thanks...
    here's a list of competitors of the fxt that you should check out.
    -hyundai tucson(get a diesel only)
    -kia sportage
    -mazda cx7
    -honda cr-v

test drive them all and see which suits you best.

btw regarding the legroom, my 425lbs uncle sat more comfortably on the back of my forester than on the back of his fortuner and my other uncles montero sport.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i was in your shoe also when I bought my FXT... Yung RAV4 mas mahal sa FXT, Eto yung review nakita ko sa youtube.. sabi sa review... The forester is the car you drive and the rav4 is the car you're riding... The subaru is a better car...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KEWWNKt-9k]2011 Toyota RAV4 vs Subaru Forester muddy mashup review - YouTube[/ame]

btw, regarding gas consumption, tama si SI06 malakas sa gas, kaso if you're use on driving a 2.0 sportage or 2.0 TUCSON, almost pareho lang...

If the absence of a diesel option doesn't bother you, the Forester XT is the best option. But either a Nissan X-Trail or a Chevrolet Captiva are good. The Captiva at least has diesel-powered versions...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Except the Captiva is plagued with a lack of dealership/aftermarket support (read*tsikot: Cruze owner waiting a few months for parts) and isn't without its fair share of problems (read*tsikot: engine going into limp mode).

Every car has it's share of issues, but with those two - not risking it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    ^ Except the Captiva is plagued with a lack of dealership/aftermarket support (read*tsikot: Cruze owner waiting a few months for parts) and isn't without its fair share of problems (read*tsikot: engine going into limp mode).

Every car has it's share of issues, but with those two - not risking it.
    The same applies to the Subaru parts availability. If parts are not in stock and you are not willing to pay for air freight waiting time is 45 days. A Subaru is a good 2nd car in the Philippines where parts inventory is a problem.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    The same applies to the Subaru parts availability. If parts are not in stock and you are not willing to pay for air freight waiting time is 45 days. A Subaru is a good 2nd car in the Philippines where parts inventory is a problem.
    Dapat ayusing na ng MI ang inventory nila.. dami na ng naka forester ngayon, specially yung NA model.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
rav4 4x4 , or subaru tribeca or forester pls help