New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Guys,

Greetings!

Anyway I just dropped by to ask for your opinion and comment 'cause I'm about to buy an SUV and still undecided on which to get either Toyota Rav 4 or Hyundai Sta. Fe. I had a Chevrolet Optra before and I observed that it's not anymore advisable to have a sedan especially for everyday use sa mga sira-sirang kalye natin d2.

Please help me decide considering the ff: Fuel Consumption; Over-all performance inc. safety and comfort; Re-sale value. Before Fortuner was included in my choices, but since i've read the thread between sta. fe and fortuner, i opt for sta. fe, but still considering the 2nd gen Rav 4. Prob. that I can see w/ rav 4 is its fuel consumption but I like its size kc smaller and advantage is its resale value and Japan technology. But I like more the design and mas tipid yung Sta. Fe since it's diesel.

Hope you could help me decide by giving your comments for the above-mentioned vehicles.

Many thanks. God Bless!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vehicles are not gender-specific so take your pick.

For me it's a no-brainer. I'd take the Sta. Fe over the RAV4 any day of the week. A Toyota badge means nothing to me (I rarely look at brand when selecting a vehicle). The Toyota may be easier to trot around town but are you sure you prefer a pre-owned Toyota over a new Hyundai?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ma'm mag santa fe ka na lang. the sante fe is ***y enough to look *. tapos girl pa behind the wheel

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pa-clarify lang... you mentioned that the Rav4 you are considering is the 2nd gen (like the one in my avatar), which as sold until early last year. Although I am assuming that you are referring to the current Rav4 (3rd gen) since you are comparing it to the Santa Fe.

Size-wise (length & width) the Santa Fe is not that much bigger than the current Rav4. The new Rav4 is a lot bigger compared to the older ones especially that we are getting here the LWD version.

Safety & comfort would be a tie between the two.

As to technology, I'd give it to the Santa Fe with its self-leveling suspension and hi-tech looking head unit & climate control system.

For my money, I'd would buy a Santa Fe over a Rav4 anytime. The new Rav4 is just not worth the buy for the price that they are asking for it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi sorry mistyped, I'm talking about the new Rav 4 and not the old one.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diesel fed? santa fe definitely. gas fed? rav 4 for me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, Php1.8M for a RAV4. Yung may blind faith na lang ata sa Toyota ang kakagat sa ganung offer. hehehe. Or those with lots of moolah to burn, I guess. The RAV4 does have cruise control (not so useful) and seat heaters (practically useless).

I'd rather have the Santa Fe's self levelling rear suspension, rear a/c, and fold-flat third row seat instead. Santa Fe also has side door mouldings to protect itself against other car doors while parked. And being aimed at the Euro market, there's probably already a dedicated space to stash a fire extinguisher, EWD, and a first aid kit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd take the Santa Fe over the Rav4 any day.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Eto siguro mas magandang match:

Sta. Fe vs Grand Vitara

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I like the Santa Fe better, brand aside, you get much more for your money with this than with the RAV4... plus two extra seats.

The real decider here is the fact that it's available in diesel. The 2.2 CRDi of the Santa Fe is sweeeeeeet. I've been driving various Hyundai diesels this past year, and I'm addicted to them. Even without considering possible fuel or quality defects, they're smoother and less laggy than the D4D units Toyota uses... this is comparing the 2.5 CRDi in the Sorento/Starex to the 2.5 D4D in my friend's Innova MT and the 3.0 D4D in the Fortuner we tested last year.

Of course, if you're considering mega-CUVs, the new Honda CRV is coming out soon, and I'm hearing the interior is excellent compared to anything else on the market.

The Sorento has a nice, soft ride. It's not to my taste (I like a little less body roll), but you might like it.

The new Everest is finally out, and they're giving test-drives at SM Mall of Asia this weekend (you might want to check it out). It may be sort of old fashioned compared to the Santa Fe or RAV4, but it's got a crackling CRDi engine, ABS, EBD and dual front and side airbags... and it's got more space than either. The only question mark is the ride, but the new Ranger supposedly rides very nicely, so the new Everest might surprise you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Rav 4 or Sta. Fe for a lady driver