New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    gonna be a toy, not a daily driver. prices are very very similar but the ranger is a lot bigger car so you get a lot more metal for the money

as a ford owner i know firsthand that the quality of the components/suppliers aren't that great but if you don't beat the cr*p out of the car it'll serve you OK for 10 or 12 years. then the resale value is totally rubbish

the jimny is a lot smaller and less safe (less airbags, less mass, less crash structure). but it'll probably last 20yrs

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ako jimny bagay sa akin kasi slim ako.

And sobra eye catcher na number1 sa looks tinalo na coolray and juke.

problema sa jimny pag chubby/taba mukhang sardinas.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Why not hilux 4x4 j instead? Or a navara mt 4x4?

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Why not hilux 4x4 j instead? Or a navara mt 4x4?

hilux j 4x4 is super bare. doesn't even have power windows

navarra ve 4x4 m/t is around 1.4m. really don't wanna pay that for an m/t

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For a toy I'd vote Jimny too.

For off road it will be just as, if not more capable than many full size SUVs. Small size means it can go through places where the Ranger will scrape, and will have better approach, breakover, and departure angles. Solid axles front and rear pa.

Looks wise Jimny gets the win as well. Boxy classic look will age well.

Only place where Ranger gets the advantage is practicality, but you did say it was a toy and not a workhorse.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    analyze ko mga naka jimny. Ito ang iiwasan nyo mabangga magasgasan kasi grabe kaselan yan owner. Sobra kintab pintura and yung gulong ginastusan talaga and all the suspension modification. Its like the craze ng s.i.r pero external not engine.

may nakita na ba kayo hataw harurot nagdrive na jimny eh foh sho waley pa. Ingat na ingat yan.

Ilan kpl ng jimny pag provinsya highway?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The Jimny has a secondary use as a city car. It can fit in tight parking buildings with steep ramps.

Whereas a Ranger is just long.

The resale value of a Jimny is pretty high, but so would a barely used ranger.

I'd pick the Jimny as a toy as well.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Jimny by miles as both a toy & a non-human hauler daily. It's fun, easy, worry-free, reliable & goes anywhere. Have had some time caring for a 43 & building a 74. They were an epiphany of sorts. The Jimny's actually a very practical 2nd car.Ranger XL 4x4 vs Jimny

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    For a toy I'd vote Jimny too.

For off road it will be just as, if not more capable than many full size SUVs. Small size means it can go through places where the Ranger will scrape, and will have better approach, breakover, and departure angles. Solid axles front and rear pa.

Looks wise Jimny gets the win as well. Boxy classic look will age well.

Only place where Ranger gets the advantage is practicality, but you did say it was a toy and not a workhorse.

yeah i don't even need the ranger's bed(tub) coz i got a cargo trailer. it's a lot easier to load a trailer that's like a foot off the ground, than to lift all the stuff up a really tall 4x4 truck

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    gonna be a toy, not a daily driver. prices are very very similar but the ranger is a lot bigger car so you get a lot more metal for the money

as a ford owner i know firsthand that the quality of the components/suppliers aren't that great but if you don't beat the cr*p out of the car it'll serve you OK for 10 or 12 years. then the resale value is totally rubbish

the jimny is a lot smaller and less safe (less airbags, less mass, less crash structure). but it'll probably last 20yrs
    ilan ang passengers mo?

kami kasi, 80% of the time, 3 palagi. I find the rear seat of the Jimny useless so definitely kung para sa akin, di kami magkasya sa Jimny (wife and daughter are both 5'7)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast