New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ilan ang passengers mo?

kami kasi, 80% of the time, 3 palagi. I find the rear seat of the Jimny useless so definitely kung para sa akin, di kami magkasya sa Jimny (wife and daughter are both 5'7)

1 or 2 people on-board 95% of the time for off-road trips. 4 people MAX (rare occasions). coz i'll still keep my ecosport which takes care of hauling those 4 people and has enough ground clearance to tackle even sketchy dirt roads. the jimny is gonna be for off-road duties that the ford can't handle, and for when i'm flying solo on errands and stuff

which is why the ranger is also viable coz i have no real requirements other than off-road capability. i'm kinda surprised that no one's voting for the ranger LOL it's literally twice the amount of metal for the same price as a jimny, due to the unique tax structure we have right now which isn't gonna last pero yun nga lang the ranger's clutch is, i would guess, super heavy like all the m/t pickups i've tried.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Jimny by miles as both a toy & a non-human hauler daily. It's fun, easy, worry-free, reliable & goes anywhere. Have had some time caring for a 43 & building a 74. They were an epiphany of sorts. The Jimny's actually a very practical 2nd car.Ranger XL 4x4 vs Jimny

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

how would you compare the ride quality of the 74 to a pickup truck, on pavement. i'm guessing that the jimny would be "wallowy"? i've got 70 aspect ratio tires on the ecosport and the sway could already be felt. the jimny is on 80, an even taller sidewall

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    how would you compare the ride quality of the 74 to a pickup truck, on pavement. i'm guessing that the jimny would be "wallowy"? i've got 70 aspect ratio tires on the ecosport and the sway could already be felt. the jimny is on 80, an even taller sidewall
    Ride quality? Don't worry. Jaos Battle Z adjustable dampers do wonders for the 74!

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    hilux j 4x4 is super bare. doesn't even have power windows

navarra ve 4x4 m/t is around 1.4m. really don't wanna pay that for an m/t
    Strada GL 4x4? Smaller pickup. Okay ang package.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Are you gonna mod the hell out of the vehicle?

If not, then get the Jimmy. Xl ranger looks so bare.

But if you’re gonna go all out on modification, ranger coz its a newer platform. The jimny masyado ng played out, lowered or lifted may nakagawa na, little D, babyG or even 74 to 64 meron na.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Strada GL 4x4? Smaller pickup. Okay ang package.

i wonder what the discounts are on the strada GL 4x4. meron power windows haha, but that's about it. walang rear diff lock. iba pa rin ang specs ng ranger XL 4x4 it has rear difflock, 6 airbags, 10" display, etc

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Xl ranger looks so bare.
    same issue... XL is so bare

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Are you gonna mod the hell out of the vehicle?

If not, then get the Jimmy. Xl ranger looks so bare.

But if you’re gonna go all out on modification, ranger coz its a newer platform. The jimny masyado ng played out, lowered or lifted may nakagawa na, little D, babyG or even 74 to 64 meron na.

tow bar lang and front nudge bar. might even keep the stock tires.

as for the ranger XL other than the missing rear bumper it looks great to me coz i like the utilitarian look w/ steelies

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The ulitarian look of the Ranger XL is cool to be honest.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    onga

tapos palitan ng ganitong mags

RAYS - The concept is racing. [en]

Last edited by uls; September 14th, 2022 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast