New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those voting for either X5 or RR, how many of you actually have driven or even ridden in one for a length of time?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    we have an 07 range rover hse. i think 6-7km/l, mas matipid cya kesa expedition xlt. good suspension! sarap ng sakay.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For those voting for either X5 or RR, how many of you actually have driven or even ridden in one for a length of time?

I've ridden both..Range Rover from LA to Las Vegas..X5 from Manila to Baguio

The Range Rover's suspension is far better than the X5 but the X5 is faster..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Yeah. Land Rovers AFAIK are suckers for maintainance costs. But hey, if you have money to burn, whatever floats your boat! hehehe! (pero type ko din yung Escalade! hehehe!)

[SIZE=1]Sorry. I've been watching HBO's Entourage! hehehe![/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Yeah. Land Rovers AFAIK are suckers for maintainance costs. But hey, if you have money to burn, whatever floats your boat!
    IMHO, I'd rather have my vehicles that don't need a weekly maintenance schedule and ready to do anytime I turn the ignition key.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What engine does this X5 have? The old one with around 160 hp or the newer with about 220 hp?

The newer engine is just an absolute hoot... tons of torque, accelerates like a gasoline (that is until you've driven its V8 brother - haha), etc.

bigbigcar.com Review: Chery QQ3 1.1 MT
    Small car, big ambitions: The Chery QQ is the vanguard of the Chinese invasion.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The X5 is fun, but the Rover just plain looks more exclusive...

The only problem with either is that they'll require a bit more work to take care of than your common Japanese SUV (heck, maintenance for a new Pajero or Prado is also pretty expensive)... I say, go where your heart leads you...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanx so much for the replies, it really helps me weigh things. i agree iba ang dating ng range rover talaga, esp i've just seen quantum of solace but the maintenance thing bothers me, and the gas consumption is at par with expeditions'. it's true that the ride of the range is far better than the x5's especially when you're in the passenger seat because the latter has a faster torque. as for now, i'm leaning towards an x5, i'd rather go with a workhorse than a high maintenance pony =) this weekend though, my friend is lending me his range for a whole day of test drive to see if it fits my personality and if i'd still change my mind. again, thanks much, all your suggestions are greatly taken into consideration. i'll update you guys with what i end up with =)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... which did you get?

Comfort as a passenger - Range Rover

Driving ease - X5

Maintenance - Uh... neither, but the Range Rover could be worse... depends on the exact condition of the unit

Consumption - Unless the Rover is the new TDi, the X5 is miles better

Beauty - is in the eye of the beholder

Speed - X5
    +1

But for occasional off-road trips and city water fordings... RR would be better. But... the X5 can still meet the exclusivity factor. Anyway, both cars are great but I would lean towards the X5 because of the better dealer support.

If your budget is 3M, hehehe... If you ask me, I'd get myself the X5 and a P38A Range Rover.
    P38A Rangie

To satisfy both?
    Last edited by drey; November 27th, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    haha both is not an option sad to say =( you guys are right, x5 is really much more practical

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Range Rover vs. BMW X5? pls pls help! =)