New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi it's my first post here in the forums.

We're planning to buy a 2nd hand car. So far eto mga napili namin:

2004 Escape
    2006 X-Trail
    2006 Innova

Which one is best choice? More on family use and minimal business use.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffabe3 View Post
    Hi it's my first post here in the forums.

We're planning to buy a 2nd hand car. So far eto mga napili namin:

2004 Escape
    2006 X-Trail
    2006 Innova

Which one is best choice? More on family use and minimal business use.
    From your options: Innova

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Depends. If you were to use the extra seats that the Innova offers, then you're left with no choice. However, if you're just considering an Innova mainly just because it looks bigger than the other two then in my own opinion the Xtrail would be a better pick. It may guzzle gas a lot more than the Innova but surely it will be more worth it. The looks itself is already a big plus.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Depends. If you were to use the extra seats that the Innova offers, then you're left with no choice. However, if you're just considering an Innova mainly just because it looks bigger than the other two then in my own opinion the Xtrail would be a better pick. It may guzzle gas a lot more than the Innova but surely it will be more worth it. The looks itself is already a big plus.
    Mostly 4 persons lang ang sasakay. Dalawa dun ay college students. And we have a catering service, sometimes for delivery of food although hindi naman ganun kadami ang i-loload sa sasakyan.

So from what I have read,

Innova = fuel efficiency + more seats
    Xtrail = less like Innova + good looks

How bout the Escape sir? What can you say about it?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mostly 4 persons lang ang sasakay. Dalawa dun ay college students. And we have a catering service, sometimes for delivery of food although hindi naman ganun kadami ang i-loload sa sasakyan.

I've driven the Escape for several weeks. It's a friends unit that was entrusted to me. Handling is okay, the ride is comfortable enough and the airconditioning is cold. However, the seats are just enough for 5 mid-sized persons. Brought 2 kids with me - 1 5y.o & one 4, I had to stuff them on the back due to the lack of space. LOL. So it's something you would want to consider ....

Pushed the unit hard, though haven't tested its limits, and I was quite impressed. The response is very good. Interior bits are simple. Typical Ford IMO. No fancy stuff. Just what you need. A 6cd changer ( iinm ) is a good feature to grab too. However, the fuel consumption isn't quite impressive, it dropped to about 5km/L on city driving. But that was really I was expecting. It's a V6 variant anyways.

My verdict would be:

Xtrail. Escape. Innova

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I've driven the Escape for several weeks. It's a friends unit that was entrusted to me. Handling is okay, the ride is comfortable enough and the airconditioning is cold. However, the seats are just enough for 5 mid-sized persons. Brought 2 kids with me - 1 5y.o & one 4, I had to stuff them on the back due to the lack of space. LOL. So it's something you would want to consider ....

Pushed the unit hard, though haven't tested its limits, and I was quite impressed. The response is very good. Interior bits are simple. Typical Ford IMO. No fancy stuff. Just what you need. A 6cd changer ( iinm ) is a good feature to grab too. However, the fuel consumption isn't quite impressive, it dropped to about 5km/L on city driving. But that was really I was expecting. It's a V6 variant anyways.

My verdict would be:

Xtrail. Escape. Innova
    So X-trail it is. Our budget is below 450k. Ano pa bang magandang SUV type na sasakyan? X-trail na ba ang kunin namin?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If you prefer SUV/CUV and don't mind about gas get xtrail 2.0, 4x2 very soft suspension, better handling, quick response, but maintenance quite expensive you must check noise coming from alternator, and idler bearing otherwise you will shell out 5-15k. You must check a/t tranny carefully, and be ready to replace some parts like radiator fan, MAF sensor, A/C(take note that xtrail is the only nissan that has a poor aircon system), and pang ilalim, its suspension is quite weak similar to sedan due to its multi-link suspension system...and never cross it on flooded street even if it is CUV dami masisirang sensor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My concern with NOT choosing the X-Trail is the fuel consumption. If you are going to use it as a service vehicle for food catering, you might find yourself spending more money on fuel than what you earning catering (exaggeration but you get what I mean).

Plus the INNOVA has a more flexible interior to carry more stuff or people.

The Escape simply does not compare as well to either the x-trail or innova.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005

I don't have an x-trail.. But +1 for ride and handling for the x-trail vs innova..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Innova on this one. Since you'll be using it also for business purposes, you WILL need the space, and also the D4D engine that goes with it. No need to waste expensive premium gasoline for business runs. You will also feel safer in the face of bad roads and floods.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast