New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    As an X-Trail owner, I'd would say get an X-Trail for the fun and comfort factor. The ride is soft, even over semi-rough stretches. However, if you are faint of heart when it comes to fuel bills, don't get it. In city driving, you'd be lucky to average 5.5 km/L (which is what I get on a good week). Highway driving can get you as high as 11-13 km/L, but it's really bad in stop-and-go city driving. It would have been great if Nissan brought the diesel variant in the Philippines.

Maintenance for me isn't expensive, averaging around Php3,000 for the 5K increments. I have mine done at Mantrade and they have been good to my vehicle

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'll take the Escape. For you, You're better off with either the Escape or the Innova

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the one thing i dont like on the escape is its parts. its a bit expensive if something breaks down. comfort diving but in my opinion needs a little more braking. hehe

my pick would also be the innova.

xtrail ako.... comfy, powerful( mine's 250x), and has space to boot...

sa consumo, my 250x * city 3-5km/l...sa mixed, up to 10km/l, sa highway can go as high as 15 kpl.. (basta ba almost nil abrupt acceleration)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    if you prefer more on simplicity and practicality get Innova, but if you want something more fun and exciting then get xtrail 2.0x, 4x4, it has a lot of toys inside powerfold side view mirror, pushbutton shift on ply 4x2, 4x4auto, 4x4lock, coolbox, intermittent rear wiper, and other standard features.

I dont recommend escape, spare parts are so expensive and sometimes it takes several months waiting if out of stock

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    the one thing i dont like on the escape is its parts. its a bit expensive if something breaks down. comfort diving but in my opinion needs a little more braking. hehe

my pick would also be the innova.
    all you need to do is find the shop. for the escape, there is an abundance of parts in Autorama in banawe.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    all you need to do is find the shop. for the escape, there is an abundance of parts in Autorama in banawe.
    its not the availability, but the price.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    if you prefer more on simplicity and practicality get Innova, but if you want something more fun and exciting then get xtrail 2.0x, 4x4, it has a lot of toys inside powerfold side view mirror, pushbutton shift on ply 4x2, 4x4auto, 4x4lock, coolbox, intermittent rear wiper, and other standard features.

I dont recommend escape, spare parts are so expensive and sometimes it takes several months waiting if out of stock
    X-Trail is a good SUV but it comes with a heavy price... it is a fuel guzzler.

^--- agreed..pero performance, comfort, bawing bawi ka..but kung di mo kaya ang luho nya, better get another cSUV....so far, kahit windang-windang finances ko,kaya ko pa naman tustusan xcs ng xtrail ko. pag balik na ako sa normal, balik blaze na ulit :naughty2:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Buti ka pa XCS. Ako puro Caltex Silver lang para masulit yun rebates ng hsbc hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast