New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Short answer. Suzuki Jimny.

---------------
    The only SUV in its truest sense that is priced in the sub-1M is the Suzuki Jimny. Nonetheless, its small size make it occupy a niche market.

At around the million mark, the CUVs holds its sway. The Escape XLS, Tribute, Tucson and Xtrail are the familiar choices here.

The Avanza is not an SUV--if I may say so, its more of an MPV. It sells around 600-800 thousand. Its bigger sibling is the Innova. Nissan's Grand Livina is bigger than the Avanza but smaller than the Innova but offers more refinement and better driving performance and riding comfort than both Toyotas.

For the price range you can also have the AUVS--the Adventure and the Crosswinds--but both are crude and lacks safety features but but has the space lacking even in topmost sedans.

As to other SUVs, you can go for the pre-owned. Yong walang kupas the Fieldmaster Pajero kaso mahirap maghanap ng 4x4 at MT.
    Last edited by Gerbo; May 17th, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Honestly, if you want something reliable and value for his money, the best would be the Innova. The Innova E M/T is offered in both vvt-i (gas) and d-4d (diesel) specs, both are below 1m, and both are as practical as you can get. It can seat 7 people fairly well and give you good mileage per liter of petrol or diesel. Since the facelift was just released a few months back, expect it to last for at least 3 to 4 years before they release a totally new innova. Honestly, once you have it, you wouldn't want to dispose it anymore. I'm just speaking for myself, i'm also an innova d4d owner.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I understand that there was an offer for Ford Escape a couple of months ago for P950K(?), less than P1M. One of our Managers availed of this offer. I guess it's still on.....

7909:taunt:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    MT naman daw ang preferred niya eh.....wala bang tucson na M/T? Diba meron naman?

Bro., I think tidus is correct. They're not offering CVVT variants anymore. And the CRDi variants, both 2WD and 4WD are offered in A/T only. And both are over P1M....

7909:taunt:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hmm TS< how about a secon dhand best buy?

cheaper than brand new. IMO

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    How about Kia Sportage?

kia sportage entry level model is priced at 1,015,000 pesos.
    Last edited by sweeper_17; May 18th, 2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: price

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    kia sportage is also a good choice & it's platform is the same as the hyundai tucson. both are crdi's but available only in a/t.

try trading in your old suv to a kia dealer for a kia sportage. that way, the price could drop below 1 milllion.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    kia sportage is also a good choice & it's platform is the same as the hyundai tucson. both are crdi's but available only in a/t.

try trading in your old suv to a kia dealer for a kia sportage. that way, the price could drop below 1 milllion.
    Hyundai tucson has a M/T version....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get an innova. diesel. thousands of us can't be all wrong. well, maybe a few. the unlucky ones. heck, there's a reason why it's the sellingest non-sedan around. unbelievably mura pa, considering what you're getting for the money. even the second hand innovas are very good buys. almost indestructible, except for the alternator and idler bearings of the serpentine belt.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the suzuki jimny also comes to my mind

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ps Suggest a Reliable and value for money SUV &lt;1M