New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    other owners that has issues have replaced their ECUs and updated to Euro 2. or from stock firmware upgrade to Euro 2. no go for stock firmware to Euro 1 to Euro 2. some replaced their fuel. i use shell for my accent 1.4 mt, except for fuel save. no ECU upgrades done. (knock on wood!)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The knocking issue has been fixed by reprogramming the ECU to Euro-II standards, as opposed to the Euro-IV that the initial Accents came with.

Personally, I'll be more happy shelling out my P700,000 for a Rio or Accent. More on the Rio because of the better interior and suspension, though the front of the Accent is just so handsome when fitted with foglamps. How I wish the rims could be bigger though. At least the Rio EX has 15" rims, the 14s on the Accent are just too small. Ang hirap pa naman maghanap ng 16" rims na tulad nung sa 1.6 na Accent.

The Vios is really devoid of any sense of character, if you ask me. I'd get a Yaris if I wanted something reliable and cheap to run, or a Mazda 2 1.3S for something fun, fuel efficient and problem-free.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Vios is really devoid of any sense of character, if you ask me.
    I agree with this, actually. It just looks bland and it doesn't help that it's the go-to taxi car here in the Philippines. Buuuuut... it does win hands down in terms of reliability and maintainability. So the practical choice would be a Vios.

Still...my gut is telling me to get either the Rio or the Accent.

I've also heard that the suspension on the Rio is really good. Or is it just that the ones on the Accent are sub-par?

I've tried sitting in both the Rio and Accent... hindi ba parang mas masikip ng konti ang Rio? The Accent wins for me hands down in terms of spaciousness both inside the car and trunk space.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    rio is mas makitid compared to accent. yup, totoo, hirap makakita ng rims para sa accent, lalo yung ka-itsura ng sa blue variant nila. ok na ko sa stock (i'm using MT variant lambot lang rear suspension kaya alalay lang sa pag exit sa hump. di lang daw maganda yung stock radio ng accent.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For fun = Rio or Accent
    For keeps = Vios

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by valacirca View Post
    I've also heard that the suspension on the Rio is really good. Or is it just that the ones on the Accent are sub-par?
    Accent suspension is too soft. Leads to bottoming out. Rio suspension, on the other hand, is as good as the Ford Fiesta's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sana solve na talaga ang engine knocking at low power ng Accent lalo na sa 1.4 a/t, para kasing wala na akong naririnig sa mga owner ng accent na nagkaron ng ganitong problema lalo na dun sa isang ka-tsikot na si bratski. Balak ko din kasi kumuha at una sa listahan ko ang accent 2nd ang vios.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Will a 5 y/o Rio /Accent be as reliable as a 5 y/o vios?
    I like this question! Bravo!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see lots of new Accent's and Rio's now being used for cab service, even by big cab companies like MGE. IMHO this should be saying a lot about its reliability. And also that the friendly neighborhood repairman would be quite familiar with it as well.

Personally, I really prefer the Rio though. Mas "lalaki" tingnan, at kapag mabigat hindi ka sayad ng sayad.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hm, I think I want to turn this into a Rio vs Accent thread.

If it were only those two, what would be your pick?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast