New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Guys, ano ang masasabi niyong pros and cons between these three cars?

Considering they all fit my need and are all in my price range, ano yung factors that would make you consider one over the other?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    power will be on accent. features will be both on rio and accent. but maintenance and fuel consumption will be on vios

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    power will be on accent. features will be both on rio and accent. but maintenance and fuel consumption will be on vios
    Paano mo nasabi that the Accent has the power advantage over the Rio when they have the same engine and weigh roughly the same as each other?

Anyway, to the TS, the main reason NOT to get the Rio/Accent is the potential knocking issue of its 1.4L Gamma engine. Interestingly, perhaps the main reason to get the Vios is because it's so freakin' reliable. In the 5 years that its been here, no major issues have popped up.

Other things to consider:

- The Rio/Accent have the most space in the subcompact segment. The Vios on the other hand, has one of the smallest bodies in its class.

- The Accent is over 3 years newer than the Vios, while the Rio is even newer, just launched early this year.

- The Vios 1.3L 2NZ-FE engine is extremely fuel efficient - a lot of people claim 11-12 km/L in city driving with this car in MT form. AT? Not so much. Around 10 km/L, roughly the same as a 1.5G Vios AT.

- The Accent/Rio, despite having 1.4L engines, are actually not that fuel efficient even when working perfectly. They consume roughly the same as most 1.5L subcompacts, somewhere around 9 km/L.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    my mistake. sorry sir

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Knocking issue sa 1.4 accent?? luma na yata yan & problem solved na dahil kung hindi si sir Bratski ay mag post sigurado sa kabilang thread. Actually my brother 1.4L Accent acquired about end of March this year walang issue about this. Wala na rin ako nabalitaan na reklamo sa mga bagong 1.4L unit.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota!

Just recently got back from Laiya. Drove the Vios of my wife, 1.3 AT. Average fuel consumption for the whole trip 18 kms/litre. Not bad!

Commands top resale value.

Toyota quality.

Parts are everywhere!

Need I say more?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Will a 5 y/o Rio /Accent be as reliable as a 5 y/o vios?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vios!

Because I own one. And I can attest on how frugal it is to run.

It's one hell of a car. Very fuel efficient. Zippy. And easy to drive, too.

I'm also confident that if it breaks down wherever, a normal manong can repair it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Paano mo nasabi that the Accent has the power advantage over the Rio when they have the same engine and weigh roughly the same as each other?

Anyway, to the TS, the main reason NOT to get the Rio/Accent is the potential knocking issue of its 1.4L Gamma engine. Interestingly, perhaps the main reason to get the Vios is because it's so freakin' reliable. In the 5 years that its been here, no major issues have popped up.

Other things to consider:

- The Rio/Accent have the most space in the subcompact segment. The Vios on the other hand, has one of the smallest bodies in its class.

- The Accent is over 3 years newer than the Vios, while the Rio is even newer, just launched early this year.

- The Vios 1.3L 2NZ-FE engine is extremely fuel efficient - a lot of people claim 11-12 km/L in city driving with this car in MT form. AT? Not so much. Around 10 km/L, roughly the same as a 1.5G Vios AT.

- The Accent/Rio, despite having 1.4L engines, are actually not that fuel efficient even when working perfectly. They consume roughly the same as most 1.5L subcompacts, somewhere around 9 km/L.
    Thanks jut! Among the three cars, I'm actually most attracted by the Accent and Rio. And more on the Accent than the Rio. The Accent seems to be the most spacious of them all; and in terms of design, pinakamaganda siya for me.

The only thing that's really making me reconsider the Accent is some reliability issues that seem to pop up. Kasama na nga dun yung issue about the engine knock.

But if not for that, it's more or less either the Accent or Rio for me.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Knocking issue sa 1.4 accent?? luma na yata yan & problem solved na dahil kung hindi si sir Bratski ay mag post sigurado sa kabilang thread. Actually my brother 1.4L Accent acquired about end of March this year walang issue about this. Wala na rin ako nabalitaan na reklamo sa mga bagong 1.4L unit.
    Ano nga po ba yung narating na resolution nitong engine knock issue?

I asked in the engine knock thread but haven't gotten any answers. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast