New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    PICANTO m/t and avanza J... di naman makalayo ang price... does anybody know why? Obviously they are not in the same category..

Picanto M/T is 595T

Avanza J is 593T... (5 seater)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Avanza J which is priced at 593k looks like a taxi. No hubcaps and only available in white.

Better yet get the Avanza J that's priced at 610k(?). That's a better one.

Anyways, if I`ll just pick between the two, I`d pick the Avanza.

But here are some alternatives.

Nissan Sentra GX ( power ) - 610k

Toyota Vios J - 595k

Avanza J - 610k(?)

Hyundai i10

Suzuki Celerio

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^he he he. medyo malayo ka yata boss Renzo..

sige, try ko rin sagutin si TS.

Maybe because both are not locally assembled, or CBU from somewhere and they are required to raise their price because of tax (not sure what type/kind)

Ganito rin ang sagot ng agent ng Kia nung tinanong ko yung price ng Carens nila, from roughly P900K to P1M na.
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; October 23rd, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Very well said sir Kers!

CBU so may tax yung Picanto kapag pinasok dito hehe. For me I would rather get the Avanza, locally made pa hehe. Sobrang bare? Ipon ka ng 20k and then palit mags na, maporma na Vanzy mo hehe. Sorry na OT hehe.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i think the avanza is also a CBU from Indonesia. so how come the Avanza is priced more reasonably than the Picanto? if i am to choose from the two, i would pick the Avanza if i'm into cargo capacity & roominess. but if ride comfort is my thing, then it is definitely the Picanto. i find the Avanza quite bouncy but tolerable. the Picanto, on the other hand, is a very good city car due to its tinny size and small displacement engine which equates to good fuel mileage.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The Pica is way too expensive at almost 600K+. IMO.
    Last edited by meledson; October 23rd, 2009 at 04:49 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Overpriced mga Korean brand, sorry. Avanza ko RWD pa

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i agree. i think most of the line-up of Kia Motors are way too overpriced.
    but i find Hyundai a bit more reasonable with its prices.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    i think the avanza is also a CBU from Indonesia. so how come the Avanza is priced more reasonably than the Picanto? if i am to choose from the two, i would pick the Avanza if i'm into cargo capacity & roominess. but if ride comfort is my thing, then it is definitely the Picanto. i find the Avanza quite bouncy but tolerable. the Picanto, on the other hand, is a very good city car due to its tinny size and small displacement engine which equates to good fuel mileage.
    Indonesia just like Thailand is ASEAN. Korea where Picanto is from is not a part of ASEAN and thus have no tax advantage. Look at CBU Japan units they are very expensive too (RAV4 anyone?) or are slashed in features to just compete in price.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    same here..

If I have the chance, I'll get an Indon Avanza, bring it here and declare as "second hand" like Pacman did to his toy. Baka mas makatipid pa, at kakaiba and design kaysa sa specced-up models ngayon.

Yun nga lang, kung galing ng Indonesia, baka hindi gumana ng maayos dito, saka iba fonts/language/text ng mga parts niya. Hindi pinoy e. he he he. oops, OT na rin ako.

btt:
    yung Picanto na bago, maganda rin, parang cute na "bumpcar", kaso yun nga maganda rin ang price.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Price War: PICANTO vs AVANZA