New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    a fine budget would be great

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    what is an exclusive SUV? few owners? members only type of ownership?

maybe if you also notice, there are more LC200's now on the road, maybe due to the implementation of train law it become more affordable to some. my neighbor recently purchased one. a family friend in the province also got one. car audio installers that i follow in fb featured more LC's in their shops in the past months too. so dumadami ang exclusive suv owners From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Maraming Salamat po talaga mga Sirs dito sa mga replies and advices dito sa topic thread na ito, really helpful and appreciated..

Kaya po ako nagtanong at nag-open ng ganitong topic, para malaman, specially to those people na owner ng mga ganitong high-end SUV's,

to share the knowledge, ideas, pro-and-cons.

From planning, acquiring, owning, and expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

Hindi ko nagets yung part na Chinese/Korean na nagrerent. Are you buying a used Alphard? Or will you be renting it out to them?
    Sir GTi,

Meron po kaming isang unit sa pasay, (sea-residences), one time, dun sa parking area (wala pang parkwise)

Layman's term ko na lang po..

Pinagkamalan pa akong driver.. (uber driver)

Mga handle dun sa parking side ng Sea, naging tropa at naging kaibigan ko...

then yung mga drivers ng oriental group, nakaka-usap ko, marami talagang makukulit, lalo pag kumakain ng spicy foods...
    stained na talaga yung leather-seats, ang mas masaklap, tatawag po ng uwak... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Everest titanium and new Grand Santa Fe beats all those dated exclusive suvs Dami mo pa savings. never buy into the hype. If they want to feel excluisive, then let them be. Exclude us who want 2019 technology and design cars.

To me them cars like are buying the most expensive gold plated blackberry , in the age of touchscreen smartphones.
    Sir minicarph..

Patience is virtue..

kung bibili pa ng 9900 version.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie225 View Post
    a fine budget would be great

Sir jamie225, Yes, anytime... still, buying a 4.6M vehicle.. this 2018 or 2019.. no..

Hindi lang po talaga kami mahilig sa sasakyan, kung 2013 lang, kayang kaya po mag-purchase ng LC200.
    Still, practical choice.. instead, loan ng mga condo for investment during that time, nasa 3M dati.. iba pa ang parking slot.

ngayon, whooping 7M na... saka kung strategic wise, location, floor area.. + the parking slot..

yes.. pa-rent ang unit, lalo kung maganda ang location, viewing.. iba pa ang parking slot..

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    what is an exclusive SUV? few owners? members only type of ownership?

maybe if you also notice, there are more LC200's now on the road, maybe due to the implementation of train law it become more affordable to some. my neighbor recently purchased one. a family friend in the province also got one. car audio installers that i follow in fb featured more LC's in their shops in the past months too. so dumadami ang exclusive suv owners From PPV based SUV to Exclusive SUV?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir monty_GTV.

Due to train law...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako, Y62 at LC200 lang ang pagpipilian ko. Kung walang problema sa konsumo at gagamitin ng pangmatagalan, Y62. Kakaunti lang rin ang nakikita sa daan so may exclusivity.

Kung kinoconsider ang resale value at konsumo, LC200 syempre. Mga alaga na LC80 diesel hanggang ngayon umaabot pa ng 1M sa used car market. Yun nga lang 10 years na sa market at wala na talaga ang exclusivity neto though yung respect is most definitely there. Finally, kung mahilig magpatono ng makina. Napakalaking untapped tuning potential ng D4D V8...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung ako, Y62 at LC200 lang ang pagpipilian ko. Kung walang problema sa konsumo at gagamitin ng pangmatagalan, Y62. Kakaunti lang rin ang nakikita sa daan so may exclusivity.

Kung kinoconsider ang resale value at konsumo, LC200 syempre. Mga alaga na LC80 diesel hanggang ngayon umaabot pa ng 1M sa used car market. Yun nga lang 10 years na sa market at wala na talaga ang exclusivity neto though yung respect is most definitely there. Finally, kung mahilig magpatono ng makina. Napakalaking untapped tuning potential ng D4D V8...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sir GTi,

No Racing or Resing Resing.. hehehe

Di po baleng bumili ng mamahiling sasakyan basta ang long time usage is sulit, everyday or weekend driving, by the end of the day, one point to another, and back.. safe and sound..

as long as na properly "maintained" both loan and maintenance, and proper usage, in technical and financial aspect.

Still kahit anong sasakyan po ito, "Responsibility, Respect, Patience, Understanding & Courtesy"

By the end of the day..

Kahit anong vehicles po ang dala, eto po "Moral-Values" when it comes to operate a certain machine/law understanding..

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Siguro ok din malaman if yung mga choices ba lahat is pare pareho when it comes to interior materials, amenities and ride quality... cos that's where you'll spend majority of your time.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013

And then I watched PatrickreyesTV while he reviewed the LC200. My gosh Yun lang pala yun laman nun loob nun, so dated design sinalpakan lang ng mga sensors saka 360 and and android screen na sinkaki ng ipad, Hyundai and Suzuki also offers that ilol wheres the exclusivity

Tignan nyo insturment panel sa video, it sports a mono calculator trip meter. Anu ba yun parang old starex
    Thats not the local premium version. Thats the over priced dubai version (some of which still use the outdated gauges).

This is the dash of the local premium version which is more up to date.

And yeah i have to replace the leather on my steering wheel. I damaged it with one of those steering wheel locks.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by EQAddict; August 3rd, 2018 at 09:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    you mean iba yun instrument panel pag sa CASA? even sa video, the reviewer said very basic daw.

im trying to justify the cost of a LC200,

1. V8 diesel cge wala naman ganun kahit ano PPV - maybe +500-700K compared to a 3.0 Duratorq or 2.4 Mivec.

2. super high end suspension 4x4 system? para sa kin, suspension is either mcpherson strut front + multilink rear combo, or double wish bone front + multilink rear combo for SUVs. nothing revolutionary, it has always been like that. will it really cost a million or so for a Land cruiser suspension system, even if its patented by Toyota and for Toyota alone.

3. the bigger body? paint job? i have seen the factories of all of these cars in youtube. Economies of scale naman lahat unless handcrafted yan like the porsche, ferrari of yesteryears

4. leathers (seats / trims) , power seats, sensors, and electronics, mas hi-tech pa nga nakasalpak sa modern PPV

5. it seats 7 din naman, and according to the video, the third row is comfortable to children or teeners lang as is true to the PPVs.

6. prestige? name? Land Cruiser in the level of Land Rover, Mercedez G Class. pwede pa siguro you pay 2M-3M coz it's a Toyota Land Cruiser like so. oh well cge na nga.

so other than that what really justifies the sub 5M of this car?
    The LC200 is over engineered to last over 700t km in the toughest environments and conditions in the world. It is legendary for its toughness and reliability in harsh conditions. Thats why it costs this much.

Actually compared to other Euro SUVs it has the best value for money. The LC200 costs 90k US$ abroad. It costs 120K AUS $ fully loaded. It costs 4.7m pesos here. Given the exchange rates that seems fair.

But look at the Merc, audi, porsche, range rover competition. More than double the price of an LC200 but their pricing abroad is similar.

The smart money is on the LC200. Though for me personally, i like the new Expedition.

Last edited by EQAddict; August 3rd, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *EQAddict
    Have to correct myself. Bro Toyota Ph's LC200 brochure says KDSS is equipped even on the standard version. If it still feels soft in the corners I guess it just isn't set up to be as stiff as the Y62 Patrol when cornering.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

The smart money is on the LC200. Though for me personally, i like the new Expedition.

Yep, that big of a beast (new Expedition) is just a beauty. For 4.3M, the pricing is just right with what it can offer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast