New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    Sir dr. d,

Meron po kaming sub-compact sedan (vios), pero mas sanay sya sa toyota revo, 10yrs po nya ito maneho, then aquire montero in 2014 and vios 2015,

Dalawa lang po kami ng erpats ko ang nagmamaneho,

Mas kampante po sya sa mas mataas na sasakyan, kahit yung mother ko, (bagyong milyeno at ondoy)

yung time na kumuha ng sedan, ilang buwan po ito na-drive ng erpats ko, at umayaw na..

Ermats ko po, mas practical ang sedan, pero natatagtagan na po sya. ayaw din po ng sedan.

Camry or Accord ang choices,

yung time na dumating ang bagyong ondoy (2009[wala pa pong AoG insurance during that time]), maraming client ni ermats po ang nagkaroon ng problema at bigay ng advise sa kanya na wag bumili nang ganayang sasakyan..

mid-to-high clearance ground and dapat i-purchase..
    i used to revo.
    in my memory, it has one of the lightest manibelas ever.
    the pedals, too.
    and, compared to today's sloping shapes, the revo's kantos and dulos is a bit easier to tantiya.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Book a Test drive the Ford Everest.. Best steering among SUV's.. Best in overall performance also..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Book a Test drive the Ford Everest.. Best steering among SUV's.. Best in overall performance also..
    Kala ko bro dati me everest ka na

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    May everest yan si glenn saka may explorer, pareho lang daw accdg. To him.

And i agree, I also borrow our familys Pajero BK. Aside from the low ground clearance, wala naman pinagksiba sa mux bluepower sa bigat. Tapos ang nakakainis pa sa Pajero, ang daming old tech, padded side claddings, small touchscreen, and its so heavy to drive.

It has a better paint job I suppose lol

Yun Prado na L150, i just dont know why people would spend 2 times the price of a Montero for that old dinosaur with roof rails circa 1990s, a dashboard that cant accomodate a tilted touchscreen for driver view.

And then I watched PatrickreyesTV while he reviewed the LC200. My gosh Yun lang pala yun laman nun loob nun, so dated design sinalpakan lang ng mga sensors saka 360 and and android screen na sinkaki ng ipad, Hyundai and Suzuki also offers that ilol wheres the exclusivity

Tignan nyo insturment panel sa video, it sports a mono calculator trip meter. Anu ba yun parang old starex

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Among PPVs you meant and not among all SUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

And then I watched PatrickreyesTV while he reviewed the LC200. My gosh Yun lang pala yun laman nun loob nun, so dated design sinalpakan lang ng mga sensors saka 360 and and android screen na sinkaki ng ipad, Hyundai and Suzuki also offers that ilol wheres the exclusivity

Tignan nyo insturment panel sa video, it sports a mono calculator trip meter. Anu ba yun parang old starex
    Grey import yun nireview, iba yun from local Toyota dealers.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Grey import yun nireview, iba yun from local Toyota dealers.
    you mean iba yun instrument panel pag sa CASA? even sa video, the reviewer said very basic daw.

im trying to justify the cost of a LC200,

1. V8 diesel cge wala naman ganun kahit ano PPV - maybe +500-700K compared to a 3.0 Duratorq or 2.4 Mivec.

2. super high end suspension 4x4 system? para sa kin, suspension is either mcpherson strut front + multilink rear combo, or double wish bone front + multilink rear combo for SUVs. nothing revolutionary, it has always been like that. will it really cost a million or so for a Land cruiser suspension system, even if its patented by Toyota and for Toyota alone.

3. the bigger body? paint job? i have seen the factories of all of these cars in youtube. Economies of scale naman lahat unless handcrafted yan like the porsche, ferrari of yesteryears

4. leathers (seats / trims) , power seats, sensors, and electronics, mas hi-tech pa nga nakasalpak sa modern PPV

5. it seats 7 din naman, and according to the video, the third row is comfortable to children or teeners lang as is true to the PPVs.

6. prestige? name? Land Cruiser in the level of Land Rover, Mercedez G Class. pwede pa siguro you pay 2M-3M coz it's a Toyota Land Cruiser like so. oh well cge na nga.

so other than that what really justifies the sub 5M of this car?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    you mean iba yun instrument panel pag sa CASA? even sa video, the reviewer said very basic daw.

1. V8 diesel cge wala naman ganun kahit ano PPV - maybe +500-700K compared to a 3.0 Duratorq or 2.4 Mivec.

2. super high end suspension 4x4 system? para sa kin, suspension is either mcpherson strut front + multilink rear combo, or double wish bone front + multilink rear combo for SUVs. nothing revolutionary, it has always been like that. will it really cost a million or so for a Land cruiser suspension system, even if its patented by Toyota and for Toyota alone.

3. the bigger body? paint job? i have seen the factories of all of these cars in youtube. Economies of scale naman lahat unless handcrafted yan like the porsche, ferrari of yesteryears

4. leathers (seats / trims) , power seats, sensors, and electronics, mas hi-tech pa nga nakasalpak sa modern PPV

5. it seats 7 din naman, and according to the video, the third row is comfortable to children or teeners lang as is true to the PPVs.

6. prestige? name? Land Cruiser in the level of Land Rover, Mercedez G Class. pwede pa siguro you pay 2M-3M coz it's a Toyota Land Cruiser like so. oh well cge na nga.

no direct competition at that price point...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Local LC200s have the higher end optitron gauge cluster with MID. I have no idea why most Dubai LC200s have the base model cluster when they are supposed to be even higher variants than the highest one available here and are more expensive by at least P1M than the local version. Perhaps the Arabs don't care much about monitoring fuel consumption?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I thought KDSS was standard in all LC200s but it isn't.

The Patrol Royale has a similar (if not the same) system as standard. They call it Hydraulic Body Motion Control.

Last edited by Wh1stl3r; July 31st, 2018 at 09:11 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast