New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... last time I saw a Lucida, it was in a cloud of white smoke on the side of the road... you will never be certain of the history of a vehicle brought in secondhand from Japan... at least Korean grey market imports will have their original dashboard (LHD na kasi).

If you're looking Kia... try the Pregio? The 00+ Pregio has a pretty nice suspension, better than most other cab-forward vans, and the AC is good.
    My uncle has a kia pregio, we used it for out of town trips. The front a/c is so so cold but the rear a/c is damn hot.

After some days, the rear a/c broke down......

But oh oh, the pregio is one fast, reliable vans

2. Join Date
    May 2009

Now we're thinking of just using the cash we have on hand to pay for a new unit's downpayment and apply for financing na lang...

Thanks again for the inputs!

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Even better. You won't suffer the headaches of having a second hand vehicle. Brand new is always the best option. Don't forget to report back on what you got.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Now we're thinking of just using the cash we have on hand to pay for a new unit's downpayment and apply for financing na lang...
    As you're on it also check the Mitsubishi Grandis in addition to the Kia Carnival.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by black_caddy View Post
    if you want a nice van,why you dont choose the E150?
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    First of all, sorry I thought the Carnival and Sedona are 2 different vans.

BTT: black_caddy: The E150 consumes a lot of gas. Ask s_quilicot
    E150 it is. yeah its a very great van, kahit 5 pa yaya mo

re: FC if your e150 is out of tune it consumes big, pero if your unit is in tune (new filters, oil) then it would consume better than a 1994 accord

right now our e150 is averaging 6-7 per liter city (light footed driving)

kaya mo to TS, believe me hindi ganun ka lakas ang FC ng e150, total from accord ka naman eh.

IMO

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Update lang po:

We tried looking at newer vehicles kaya lang sobra mamahal! So I tried canvassing the smaller vehicles like the altis, city, etc... sabi ng wife ko kung kotse lang din bibilhin namin bakit binenta ko pa yung accord? Nagalit... hehehe....

So that left us with our first option: a second hand mini-van. I tried looking for an e-150, revo, serena and carnival.

While browsing the threads, I happened to notice a 2004 white sedona for sale. We then consolidated all our funds and bought it na.

We were not disapppointed with the unit. Lahat ng nakakita na store sabi mukhang bago pa daw. The owners swears there are no problems, hidden or otherwise.

We installed an overhead LCD to complement the DVD player in front. We had the seats covered with leatherette na din and installed a roof rail.

One major set-back was the smell from the vents after namin sumulong sa baha, pero di naman abot yung undercarriage so I wasn't worried and after using different deodorizers and perfumes for a week, halos pawala na ngayon yung smell.

Thanks for the inputs mga gurus!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Pls help me choose: Lucida/Venture/Carnival