New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Get the new vios. Its the winner in your checklist and one of the most practical cars. But personally, id get the fiesta. Im a superficial person. Looks is my top priority. reliability and fc only comes next.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pretty sure the 1.3E Vios AT won't reach 750k. Go get that.

Or if you want, the Mirage GLS actually suits your needs. It'll fit 3 people with no problem. Your bags will fit if you fold down the rear seats. It's very fuel efficient. It's only 638k.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    This will be my first post here and I really need your help...

I finally got the approval of my wife to get a car there in PHL.

We are based overseas and the car will be basically used during our vacations and my wife's business trips.

Here are basic things that I need

1. Price... It should be less than 750k... I have to put a limit.
    2. Trunk Space... I need at least 3 bags to fit... 2 pcs Check in and 1 pc Carry on luggage.
    3. Leg room... It should comfortably fit 3 passengers of at least 5'7 in height
    4. A/T... my wife will drive it during her business trips
    5. Reliable... Car will be used by my in laws when we're not there, I don't want to hear car problems while I'm in another country.
    6. Fuel efficiency... min of 8kms/liter (its the mileage I got when I owned a 1993 Corolla).
    7. Durability... Car will be used for a minimum of 10 years
    8. Friendly customer service... As I said, car will be mostly used by in laws and I will be asking them to take care of the car's PMS.

Options...

Nissan Sentra 1.3 GX (AT) - our first choice... Since its cheap! We know 2 people who used to own one and we did not hear any significant complains about the car... Only issue I have against it is its age...

Hyundai Accent 1.4 GL - I have seen 2 issues against this car, the knocking engine and the soft suspension...

Ford Fiesta Trend 1.4 (5-Door, AT) - Not sure if it has the trunk space I need, but (IMO) best looking car in my choices

Ford Fiesta Trend 1.4 (4-Door, AT) - Looks good... Planning to see an actual unit on my next vacation.

2014 Vios - this will be a hard sell to my wife since it will definitely be used by Taxi companies. Its also the most expensive (2013 model is around 750k already and will have a difficult time not to consider the City at 780k)
    In my opinion! Fiesta first, vios second and almera third sentra last.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ouch, i have a brand new 2nd GEN vios and i never feel na taxi ako inside and outside.

Vios, becauseof its maintenance, its dirt cheap change oil cost me around 1250 only. have a very decent power and economy. 420~460km per FT ako. 420kms lower sobrang sama na ng loob ko at OC sa sasakyan.
    Last edited by brainmafia_310; July 3rd, 2013 at 12:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Sorry, but Avanza is out... I personally prefer a car

Will definitely look at the Vios when I'm there around end of the year...

I'm narrowing my choices between the following:

Sentra - because its cheap!
    Vios - got the most votes... so far
    Fiesta - looks good
    City (depending on the price of the Fiesta and dealer discounts)

Sadly, looks like taking a Hyundai/Kia is too risky right now.

Given you do not want the Avanza, then the VIOS is the next better option within your budget.

Given the official launch of the new 2014 VIOS is next week, you have good timing if you will buy this car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    A million peso worth of car is something you won't see in the taxi fleet. So, you might wanna raise your budget.

With your choices though, go with the Ford. Goodluck.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    Ouch, i have a brand new 2nd GEN vios and i never feel na taxi ako inside and outside.

Vios, becauseof its maintenance, its dirt cheap change oil cost me around 1250 only. have a very decent power and economy. 420~460km per FT ako. 420kms lower sobrang sama na ng loob ko at OC sa sasakyan.
    P1250 PMS?!? It makes me want to get a Vios!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    P1250 PMS?!? It makes me want to get a Vios!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    labas na ng casa yan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Are there any news regarding an all new City? Or will a new Jazz arrive first?

I've read the Fiesta thread and I'm a bit disappointed by the suspension knock.

Our first family car (that I can remember) was a '79 (2 doors) and '80 (4 doors) Cortina and my dad hated Fords ever since... I just don't want to hear "I told you so" during my vacations there.

Looks like the safest choice will be the Vios and City... Does Honda offer discounts for cash buyers?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    labas na ng casa yan.
    Sorry boss that is casa price for change oil. It will increase though if you aff other item as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast