Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Adding to the list of options....

Hyundai EON?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    FC is fantastic.

Only thing better than the Eon is probably the Alto 800cc. The Alto K10, Celerio and Eon are probably neck-in-neck-in-neck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i have the 2012 1.2 MT picanto.

i just passed 1300KM and my average FC is 15 - 16KM per liter. not bad i think for a daily route of Bicutan - C5 - Eastwood and back.

A/T picanto FC is really bad as i've read. but this is generally because of the A/T transmission paired to a very small displacement engine. get a M/T car if you're planning on getting a car with a small engine.

my 1.2 is great, you can visit the picanto thread if you need any feedback. dun ako nagpo-post ng updates ko eh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Picanto na M/T magaan naman yan

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
    i have the 2012 1.2 MT picanto.

i just passed 1300KM and my average FC is 15 - 16KM per liter. not bad i think for a daily route of Bicutan - C5 - Eastwood and back.

A/T picanto FC is really bad as i've read. but this is generally because of the A/T transmission paired to a very small displacement engine. get a M/T car if you're planning on getting a car with a small engine.

my 1.2 is great, you can visit the picanto thread if you need any feedback. dun ako nagpo-post ng updates ko eh.

Sir, the reason why I'm opting for an a/t car is for the wife, just so she could also drive it also. A m/t car is really not an option. It's really either gonna be a spark or a picanto w/ an a/t tranny. Have been reading a lot of other forums/posts as well Iv'e learned that both(a/t) suck at FC(already accepted that fact, hahaha). Looking at aesthetics they seem to be equally good looking cars to me. As per performance and drivability they say the Picanto owns the Spark, I'm just wondering why I haven't been seeing a lot of Picanto's, but Spark's are everywhere nowadays. On FC, the Spark beats the Picanto roughly by 1.5km to 2km/L on an a/t spec (according to forum posts). Btw, im a newbie here at tsikot and I really appreciate all the posts from members.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by marion2 View Post
    Picanto na M/T magaan naman yan
    Im also considering my wife, she wants an a/t spec, just so she could drive. Ive already accepted that an a/t spec car consumes much w/ such a small engine. Thanks for the reply.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If FC is your primary concern, you should be looking at the Celerio. In MT form, it's more efficient than the Picanto or Spark.

However, if budget isn't too tight, why not take a look at the Vios J or E, or the Mazda 2 1.3S. These are both bigger cars that have fuel efficiency that can rival those minicars. Less features, yes, pero madali na idagdag yun. But you can't just buy extra space or a faster engine, which is why I'd prefer a barebones subcompact over a loaded minicar.
    Thats one more thing, were on a tight budget, but thanks for the input. Cheers ^_^

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Why not teach the wifey on how to drive an MT ? ...

Anyway, since you've already accepted the fact that both cars gulp fuel, we're down by looks and I swear the Picanto looks way better than the spark. (personal opinion)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^ +1 ako kay renzo in teaching her to drive m/t. bad ass wife yun :D i also plan on having my GF drive M/T before she graduates to an A/T.. anyway.. OT na hehe.

Well, if you're really bent on A/T then i'd go for the picanto.. i also don't like how the spark looks. i think the spark is cheaper though. also be aware that the 1.0 picanto doesnt have airbags where as the spark has more safety features i think.

i got the 1.2 picanto instead of the 1.0 because it has a bigger displacement, and airbag and has more accessories (projectors, LEDs, better upholstery, etc.).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm just wondering why I haven't been seeing a lot of Picanto's, but Spark's are everywhere nowadays
    The Picanto was launched over a year later than the Spark. Tingnan mo mga kotseng T** yung plate, mas maraming Picanto sa Spark.

Honestly I don't just not like the Spark's look, I kinda despise it. Looks awful to me. But hey it might be pretty for you.

I also don't believe that the Spark AT does 2 km/L better than the Picanto AT. I've been reading through the threads too, and it's either people get abnormally high FC with the Picanto (~8 km/L or less), or they get the standard ~10 km/L, which is roughly the same as the Spark AT. Not sure if those with high FC just need to turn off ECO mode, ang dami daming nagcocomplain but noone even bothered to try and turn it off among the complainants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast