New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi

Planning to buy 2005 model car (this year is within my budget)

I'm choosing between this 3 models, 2005 Mazda3 323, Mitsubishi Lancer CVT and Honda Civic Dimension vti. Can someone help me choose or give me advice about the 3 models PRO's and CON's? All of this are automatic variants of the models.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Mazda 3 2.0 has the most features (2.0 engine, sunroof, leather, automatic climate control, rain-sensing wipers, automatic HID headlamps, etc). It is also the most powerful and has much better handling than the other two. Only drawback is the fuel consumption (around 6 km/L in city driving). Usual price is around 250-300k. Avoid the 1.6 Mazda 3 because it costs the same and has the same fuel consumption, but with far less power and features.

The Civic VTi is nice but has no ABS or airbags. The VTi-S is a better buy since it has those safety features. Roughly the same price at around 200-250k. The 2.0 RS variant is even better with a more powerful engine, but slightly pricier also at around 250-280k. FC is around 8 km/L for the 1.6, 6 km/L for the 2.0.

The Lancer Cedia CVT is hideous compared to the other two. Less features, ugly looks (IMO), less power, poor fuel consumption (7 km/L). Only advantage is that it's cheap at around 200k.

Between the three, for me, the Mazda 3 is hands down the best choice. Which is why I bought one. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 10th, 2017 at 02:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Hi

I'm choosing between this 3 models, 2005 Mazda3 323, Mitsubishi Lancer CVT and Honda Civic Dimension vti. Can someone help me choose or give me advice about the 3 models PRO's and CON's? All of this are automatic variants of the models.
    my first option would be the Mazda, then the Honda. The lancer, just looks and drives old.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Mazda 3 2.0 has the most features (2.0 engine, sunroof, leather, automatic climate control, rain-sensing wipers, automatic HID headlamps, etc). It is also the most powerful and has much better handling than the other two. Only drawback is the fuel consumption (around 6 km/L in city driving). Usual price is around 250-300k. Avoid the 1.6 Mazda 3 because it costs the same and has the same fuel consumption, but with far less power and features.

The Civic VTi is nice but has no ABS or airbags. The VTi-S is a better buy since it has those safety features. Roughly the same price at around 200-250k. The 2.0 RS variant is even better with a more powerful engine, but slightly pricier also at around 250-280k. FC is around 8 km/L for the 1.6, 6 km/L for the 2.0.

The Lancer Cedia CVT is hideous compared to the other two. Less features, ugly looks (IMO), less power, poor fuel consumption (7 km/L). Only advantage is that it's cheap at around 200k.

Between the three, for me, the Mazda 3 is hands down the best choice. Which is why I bought one. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sir for the detailed explanation...much APPRECIATED...

So I'm thingking you have this model then and that's your car in the picture? 1st owned? How many kilometers? What problems have you encountered since owning it?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hello guys, I'm on the look out for a second hand vehicle, with a budget of 200k to 250k. I was looking on a couple of vehicles in that range, but haven't really gotten one in mind. Me and my bro were originally planning on a 2004++ model Honda Accord. It wouldn't be daily driven. We picked out the 2.0L version. Also checked out the Nissan Frontier 00' model and above.

Do you guys have any recommendation? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Just an update, I saw a Rav4 model 2001. would this be better, if compared to the Accord, both are 2.0 and automatic. Does "It's a Toyota" apply here, with cheaper/more accessible parts compared to Honda?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Hi

In order of priority:

a. Mazda
    b. Dimension
    c. Lancer

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by turnpike View Post
    hello guys, I'm on the look out for a second hand vehicle, with a budget of 200k to 250k. I was looking on a couple of vehicles in that range, but haven't really gotten one in mind. Me and my bro were originally planning on a 2004++ model Honda Accord. It wouldn't be daily driven. We picked out the 2.0L version. Also checked out the Nissan Frontier 00' model and above.

If it's not daily driven, an Accord or Camry looks good. Try to go for the 2.4 models if you may; FC will not vary much and you get better power.

Check service records, do a compression test, check the cooling system (radiator, hoses, etc. for signs of leaks, observe the auxiliary fan, check if its using an original fan motor and radiator/cap, etc.), observe the idling and automatic transmission function, and take the car up on a lifter to check for leaks and damages.

Parts for either Toyota or Honda are readily available; i would focus more on the condition and service records of the choices rather than the brand. It will be a bonus if you can find a unit from a first owner with all original paint.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If it's not daily driven, an Accord or Camry looks good. Try to go for the 2.4 models if you may; FC will not vary much and you get better power.

Check service records, do a compression test, check the cooling system (radiator, hoses, etc. for signs of leaks, observe the auxiliary fan, check if its using an original fan motor and radiator/cap, etc.), observe the idling and automatic transmission function, and take the car up on a lifter to check for leaks and damages.

Parts for either Toyota or Honda are readily available; i would focus more on the condition and service records of the choices rather than the brand. It will be a bonus if you can find a unit from a first owner with all original paint.
    Thanks for the pointers, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still on the look out for a good car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by turnpike View Post

Agree with the Accord. We have a 2005 Accord 2.4. Currently at 105tkms. It's a very reliable car, even more so if properly maintained. 200km/h and more is easily reached and with minimal drama. Handling is sharp and ride comfort is good. Interior space is huge too. 5 speed A/T is an excellent tranny. Despite lacking manual override, shifts are very intuitive to the driver's pedal input that it is hardly ever missed. Don't expect much in terms of FC. 5-7km/L city is the norm. Around 5 in heavy traffic and around 7 in very light traffic. It was very technologically advanced for its time, having features like 4 airbags, power adjustable seats for both driver and front passenger, dual zone auto climate control and steering wheel mounted audio controls. Interior is also very well built, with no faded plastic trim and the leather still fresh even after all these years.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast