New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    in my experience... the best pickup is sante fe... toyota santa fe... specially if you are into MINING...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post
    in my experience... the best pickup is sante fe... toyota santa fe... specially if you are into MINING...
    ^^ :idea::bouncealt:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Saan meron yan, sir?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    * TS, my advise is.. Test drive and choose what your heart tells you. You won't regret it no matter what defects and shortcomings it will make if you really like it. I'd been in your shoes on 2008 (same with Sir rna800). Been for a market for my all-arounder car that can haul and yet get the speed (i usually do long drives). That time Strada and Navara were the newest truck. Now, dami mo na pagpipilian na bago dami ka din aalamin na mga defects. LoL

Since this is an alternate car, don't complain with the size kaya nga you're choosing pickup because you have already the idea of its size and how big it maneuvers.. Hindi naman nagkakalayo size nyan, wheelbase at ground clearance lang pero yung haba halos parehas.

As for the flood, as a general rule kung hindi mo na makita ang gutter dont drive thru it lalo na hindi kabisado.. Kung hub-height ang tubig kaya din ng kahit ano pickup. Kung buong gulong ang lubog kaya pa rin pero don't dare do it at madami sisirain na bearings at pang ilalim yan - tulad ng transfer case at axle na pwede pasukin ng tubig.

Re 6 speed based from my own ride(Navara), useful sa twisty roads where you need to attack the corners without downshifting. Also useful during steep climbs and hauling. Yung 5th gear kasi ng 6-speen parang additional lang ng ordinary 5 gears, nilagay lang in between 4 and 5 so you get more medium to highspeed gearband.

Fuel economy will depend on how addicted you are to torque. CRDI engine almost same consumption.

Speed? Depends on the driver, but i find Nav dynamics more comfortable on high speed. Strada, Hilux, Dmax, and Ranger nababagalan ako sa acceleration, hirap sa habulan, but they can still keep up. Again driver factor pa rin ito.

Ride quality.. What quality? they're leaf sprung pickups trucks. Seriosuly, Strada has edge on this but it compromised the load capacity, put larger wheels and ur getting dribbled by unsprung weight. With the 4x2 Nav, leaf springs are thicker for higher load capacity, so there you go.. matagtag. 4x4 Nav gets the softer ride thou same(if not better) with the Strada. All these pickups just like any leaf sprungs, rides softens when laden.

Reliability will depend on maintenance. The life of vehicle greatly depend on the engine, no engine and your truck is good as dead. For CRDI, the fuel is what you need to watch out. CRDI works on very tight clearances that small impurities could destroy the costly fuel system. I find the 2 fuel filters of Navara very ideal for our dirty fuel.
    Sir thank you...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa budget mo panalong-panalo si Dmax tanong mo pa kay Dmac

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Sa budget mo panalong-panalo si Dmax tanong mo pa kay Dmac
    eto na nga lang ang hindi ko napuntahan eh, ang layo kasi sa place ko nun Dealer

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I think you are left with either strada or dmax considering your requirement. But if i were you, i'd choose the strada because it is the more comfortable among the choices keeping in mind creature comforts as against utility

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by romshi View Post
    Thanks sa reply.

Sanay po kasi ako sa MT eh, never pa po ako nakapag drive ang AT, and and 4x2 lang talaga po kelangan ko kasi never pa din naman ako nakapag off-road. And plan ko nga po kung Strada kukunin ko papalitan ko agad sya ng gulong.
    Sir, I would highly recommend my current ride, Strada. Matagal din kung pinag isipan yan ng mag decide ako., At tama rin na ang una nyong gawin eh palitan ang itres ng mas malaki para mas maging macho at bumagay sa kaha. I think there is the4x2 GLX V model, but not sure kung merong M/T. Strada is not that big or the smallest pick up, tamang tama lang sa city driving with occasional off roading. And everyone, including the other competitors would agree Strada has the most comfortable ride. Nasubukan ko na sya sa akyatan sa Baguio, sa harurutan sa NLEX ,off roading sa Pangasinan with 8 people at the back, and so far, very satisfied sa kanyang performance. Yun nga lang, u really need to spend more para sa added accessories, gaya ng roll bar, fenders at kung ano ano pa, depende sa gusto nyo., and if it comes with a tool box, then that is a big plus too.. Ingat lang sa pagpapasakay ng mga tao sa cargo bed, baka tamaan ng tuhod ang tailgate, mag ka ka dent, hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    Sir, I would highly recommend my current ride, Strada. Matagal din kung pinag isipan yan ng mag decide ako., At tama rin na ang una nyong gawin eh palitan ang itres ng mas malaki para mas maging macho at bumagay sa kaha. I think there is the4x2 GLX V model, but not sure kung merong M/T. Strada is not that big or the smallest pick up, tamang tama lang sa city driving with occasional off roading. And everyone, including the other competitors would agree Strada has the most comfortable ride. Nasubukan ko na sya sa akyatan sa Baguio, sa harurutan sa NLEX ,off roading sa Pangasinan with 8 people at the back, and so far, very satisfied sa kanyang performance. Yun nga lang, u really need to spend more para sa added accessories, gaya ng roll bar, fenders at kung ano ano pa, depende sa gusto nyo., and if it comes with a tool box, then that is a big plus too.. Ingat lang sa pagpapasakay ng mga tao sa cargo bed, baka tamaan ng tuhod ang tailgate, mag ka ka dent, hehehe.
    this is nice Sir, thank you...