New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gud day to u all, this is my first post but i have been visiting fo two months now.

My wife and i are deciding to buy a pick up in December. Our problem is that, only two carmakers are available in our province, Mitsubishi and Isuzu, so we kinda deciding either on the 4x2 D-Max or the 4x4 Strada. We are also considering the 4x2 Hilux, since quarterly they visit the province for the maintenance of the Toyota cars here. Btw, im not an off-roader, but i want a pick-up that can measure up to "light to moderate" off road conditions, just in case.

I hope u guys help us decide which pick-up will whiten our Christmas hehe tnx in advance . .

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Isodense View Post
    im not an off-roader, but i want a pick-up that can measure up to "light to moderate" off road conditions, just in case.
    Perfect for Strada!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gud day to u all, this is my first post but i have been visiting fo two months now.

My wife and i are deciding to buy a pick up in December. Our problem is that, only two carmakers are available in our province, Mitsubishi and Isuzu, so we kinda deciding either on the 4x2 D-Max or the 4x4 Strada. We are also considering the 4x2 Hilux, since quarterly they visit the province for the maintenance of the Toyota cars here. Btw, im not an off-roader, but i want a pick-up that can measure up to "light to moderate" off road conditions, just in case.

I hope u guys help us decide which pick-up will whiten our Christmas hehe tnx in advance . .
    Please review this thread http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31908 and hope ma-convince ka na mag-Strada. I'm planning to get one Jan or Feb 2008, pero bka maihabol ko by Dec. Para merry din Christmas. Sana makatulong.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007

My wife and i are deciding to buy a pick up in December. Our problem is that, only two carmakers are available in our province, Mitsubishi and Isuzu, so we kinda deciding either on the 4x2 D-Max or the 4x4 Strada. . .
    Isn't that obvious..get the 4x4 White Strada and enjoy a White Christmas!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    wait for the frontier navarra. test drive first then choose well.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i prefer strada not just for the 4wd advantage but it has been highly regarded in abroad for its versatility in different weather conditions, generally it is fairly satisfactory machine by all means, either 2.5 or 3.2.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Since mitsu and isuzu lang ang dealers diyan, tapos 4x4 ang kailangan mo due to possible mild to moderate off-roading, mag strada ka na. Pero kung makakahintay ka na lumabas yung 4x4 na dmax, palagay ko mag test drive ka muna.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Well, whatever pick-up you choose try to make sure that you get a 4x4 variant na.

Also, nothing beats a good test drive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, test drive. Personally I'd choose between the Strada and Hilux. If you lean on the HIlux, how far exactly is the nearest Toyota dealer? Also consider the other independent service centers and part supplies as once you're out of warranty, these shops can also help you.

Just a thought. Do you really need it by December? If you wait to get it on January you'll already have an '08 model and this will have some bearing on your resale value later on.
    Last edited by vinj; November 7th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thank u all. Im not really in the market for a 4x4, kaya lang ang 4x2 na d-max (without bedliner, sidestep etc) is almost comparable to a 4x4 strada (with bedliner and sidestep already) in terms of price and the strada is already loaded, konti na lang idadagdag ko.

Btw, can anybody suggest a good color for the Strada? or D-max for that matter ? Again tnx for the replies, u have been very helpful . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pick-up Dillema