New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Memphis,

I think maintaining and replacing the parts of the Fort is much more expensive than the Pajero. Parang 4D56 na rin ata ang 4M40 (Timing Chain). Plus, not scandalous engine noise compared to Crosswind. :hysterical:

For 1.7M. Still But for the Montero Sport, cheap and ibang fittings eh pero 4M40 pa rin ito. Slow but its working and cheap to maintain.

I can say that even the other competitors are newer in technology. I say Mitsubishi has given to us a product to those who prefer this and that.

Like all other cars, it has its own advantage and disadvantages depending on your preference of choice. I suggest to the threadstarter to rank their priorities.
    Last edited by drey; September 18th, 2007 at 10:27 PM.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    fieldmaster sayang lang 1.8M nyo dun. mag-sampung taon na ata next year design na yan

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Di ko namention kanina OB, nung nagpark ako in front of nokia, may nagpark din sa likod ko na new Pajero in black, ung belt-type na yung spare tire. Medyo mabagal sya dun sa may shoppesville, tapos ayun huminto din sa likod ko may binili yata sa blade (wang wang daw hehehehe).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I have a 2002 Pajero FieldMaster and until now matibay pa rin. Medjo matagtag ride before but i changed the suspension to Old Man Emu Full Suspension and the ride improved a lot. And the Pajero Gen 2.5 has a good resale value. The downside is the engine.. its way underpower compare to the D4D engine of the Fortuner. And with pajero's price tag of 1.8M, i'll pick the Fortuner which is around 1.5+M. i'll just upgrade its suspension with OME to improve the ride.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by blu282 View Post
    I have a 2002 Pajero FieldMaster and until now matibay pa rin. Medjo matagtag ride before but i changed the suspension to Old Man Emu Full Suspension and the ride improved a lot. And the Pajero Gen 2.5 has a good resale value. The downside is the engine.. its way underpower compare to the D4D engine of the Fortuner. And with pajero's price tag of 1.8M, i'll pick the Fortuner which is around 1.5+M. i'll just upgrade its suspension with OME to improve the ride.
    Same comment ng best friend ko with their 2003 Pajero Field master, matagtag daw, They changed the shock absorbers to bilstein pero ganon pa rin, so they returned it and got the rancho rs9000 instead, better, but it kinda wallows daw.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thankyou guys for all ur opinions... i do appreciate all ur feedbacks... afterall, its all about preference tlga... we've made up our mind.. we'll be getting the Pajero in a week...

cguro mas nanalo sa mom ko ung "classic" look ng FM, at first tlga fascinated sha sa looks ng Fortuner... but through the years, Pajero pa ren tlga ung merong "respect" while gracing in the streets... nothing against Forts owners, but as everybody would agree the Pajero has been an all time great.. kahit old na ung design, chempre iba pa ren ang dating pag naka-pajero ka...

in terms of performance, as i have observed, un nga daw mabagal ung pajero... but as i have said, for city driving lang nmn ggamitin and minsan pagluwas luwas for special commitments... we got some pointers ren about maintenance, and i think within 5-6 year span kayang kaya namin i-maintain ang FM to as good as a 3year Fort....

maybe next time na lang ung mga top SUV and/or pickups for my sis since 3yrs na ren ung kanyang Lancer MX nya, but its as good as a year old car... so bale pagbbigyan muna namin ung mom namin at this time for the pajero... hehehehe...

thankyou ulet guys!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd tried a lot of test driving on sta.fe, alterra,everest,and fort, fieldmaster for his price not a chance...

Fortuner 3.0 I'd choose just waiting to be release 1st week of october.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ctianzkie View Post
    thankyou guys for all ur opinions... i do appreciate all ur feedbacks... afterall, its all about preference tlga... we've made up our mind.. we'll be getting the Pajero in a week...

cguro mas nanalo sa mom ko ung "classic" look ng FM, at first tlga fascinated sha sa looks ng Fortuner... but through the years, Pajero pa ren tlga ung merong "respect" while gracing in the streets... nothing against Forts owners, but as everybody would agree the Pajero has been an all time great.. kahit old na ung design, chempre iba pa ren ang dating pag naka-pajero ka...

in terms of performance, as i have observed, un nga daw mabagal ung pajero... but as i have said, for city driving lang nmn ggamitin and minsan pagluwas luwas for special commitments... we got some pointers ren about maintenance, and i think within 5-6 year span kayang kaya namin i-maintain ang FM to as good as a 3year Fort....

maybe next time na lang ung mga top SUV and/or pickups for my sis since 3yrs na ren ung kanyang Lancer MX nya, but its as good as a year old car... so bale pagbbigyan muna namin ung mom namin at this time for the pajero... hehehehe...

thankyou ulet guys!
    cge pagbigyan na lang natin mom mo. congrats!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ctianzkie View Post
    Wow Congrats! Don't forget to post your pics here .

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    red, white or black? the last time i inquired at diamond motor, it's the only available color of FM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
PAJERO vs. FORTUNER, EVEREST,etc.