New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ei guys im kinda new here... wer thinking of buying a new SUV... im having a hard time looking on the comparisons of each... originally we've been opting to buy Escape or CRV and, i wud love to have RAV4 2007 or Outlander but i think its way off the price of other SUV.. and my mom prefers a bigger one...

so our choices have been chopped down to Pajero FieldMaster, Fortuner3.0 and Ford Everest...our budget would be as much as Pajero FieldMaster 4x2... about 1.8M...

Everest doesnt ring a bell to me...

ive seen the Fortuner, and im really fascinated w/ wat it offers in terms of safety, interior and exterior design but some say the downside of the Fortuner is the performance... w/ its massive tires, it doesnt deliver the expected comfort in rough surfaces...

my mom loves to buy the Pajero, bcoz of its elegance and simply the respect it has earned all this years.. but i hav no idea bout the performance of the FieldMaster 2007...

just wanna hear your thoughts about the Field Master, Fortuner and Everest...

thankyou!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The Pajero has an older engine, non-CRDi. Better in the long run because the parts of the CRDi are getting expensive. But the Pajero isn't at par with the Everest or the Fortuner in terms of Top Speed, Acceleration and Torque.

Its old and overpriced. :sad: But its a Pajero. Just like what your mom said, its proven and elegant.

You can also check out the Santa Fe. Its the best diesel vehicle today where you can have all you need but its a CUV. The Everest on the other hand is also a good performer. Good ride, good looks and good engine.

If you will be selling the car for 3 years or more, get the non-CRDi if you can't live with the price of the parts. But if you'll be selling the car in 3 years time, get the CRDi equipped cars.

But if you want CUV's. Get the Outlander if you want a gas (2.4L will be coming soon for 1.4M). The V6 is not bad its damn good. Get the Santa Fe if you want a diesel.

Almost forgot, welcome to tsikot.com
    Last edited by drey; September 17th, 2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added a greeting...
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa iba talaga may dating pa din pajero... kung ok lang po na medyo mabagal sa inyo pwede na din nman pajero. wala pa sakit ng ulo. unit price po nya is 1.843M w/ 100k disc.

everest d ko din gus2 ung looks pero makinba nya malakas.

fortuner naman malakas makina. maganda labas loob pero medyo matagtag daw. nakasakay nako once pero d naman matagtag para saken....

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Drey pretty much said everything, Its the summary of what you will read here. If you want more details just search the forum, just dont mind the immature thrashings, a lot has already been said about your choices, so read on, Happy hunting and welcome to tsikot.com!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    andami nga ngrereklamo na matigtig daw ang Fortuner so tlagang it terms of comfort sa ride, ayaw ng mom ko ng ganun.... sa pajero naman, wala akong naririnig na reklamo bout sa ride...

bout sa speed naman, mabagal nga daw ang pajero bcoz oldskul na nga ung makina nya pero di ko naman kase ggamitin pangarera un weh, city driving lang and minsan pagluwas from Batangas to Manila, as long naman as within 2 to 2 1/2 hrs ung byahe solve na kme don...

sa mga mey reklamo sa ride ng pajero, its very welcome po... mas makkatulong po kayo saken...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mabagal po ang pajero pero pag naka bwelo na kaya naman mag 120-140kph... fortuner d naman ako natagtagan nung nakisakay ako... test drive nyo po muna sir ung mga unit na pinagpipilian ninyo...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I may be biased towards the pajero but i won't recommend spending 1.8M on a vehicle which was first launched abroad in 1992! that's outrageous!

Fortuner na lang... looks are important to me and the everest simply dont cut the cake.

Getting back to the Pajero, this is one very very very tough vehicle, easy to maintain and cheap are the parts.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kase sir wer looking ren for quality within 5-6years... and by that time siguro i think standout pa ren ang re-sale value ng pajero...

wala ren ako chance to test drive ng mga units kase ung mga dealers d2 sa place namin weh walang available unit for testing... kaya po d2 na lang ako nahinge ng feedbacks...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir Ctianzkie,

Stand-out pa rin ang Pajero if you'll be able to maintain it right.

Hmmm... 5-6 years... By that time, you'll be replacing parts. A CRDi engine has a long way to go to prove its injectors. Yung Trooper for example, the injectors only last for 50,000 kms. Kung nasira, it will cost you 150K. Hindi naman sa sinasabing di matibay ang Toyota, Ford, Hyundai or Mitsubishi CRDi's. They are good but the parts you'll be spending is unknown. Maybe twice or thrice.

But we also have to consider the cleanliness of our fuel.

I don't recommend the Pajero either. For the price tag of 1.7M. Get the Montero Sport nalang for 1.5M. You get the same engine + very very very tough vehicle, easy to maintain and cheap parts but minus the third row.
    Last edited by drey; September 17th, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When kaya ang production date ng mga Pajero FMs on display sa mga dealers? 2003 pa kaya? Won't anything go wrong for a car stocked that long?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
PAJERO vs. FORTUNER, EVEREST,etc.