New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sakto sir, 92 glx 4G54 yung binebenta, very fresh pa rin inside and out. So you could say dami na rin parts here for the 4G54? how was your consumption city driving, sabi nila they get around 7 km/liter city driving. How about the Montero, was yours a 3.0 V6?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    sakto sir, 92 glx 4G54 yung binebenta, very fresh pa rin inside and out. So you could say dami na rin parts here for the 4G54? how was your consumption city driving, sabi nila they get around 7 km/liter city driving. How about the Montero, was yours a 3.0 V6?
    No problem with parts for both. ATCO is the only MMC parts shop I buy from.

Consumption honestly was around 5km/l, 6 at the most. BUT, when I got the V6 3.0 it was very very hard not to step on the gas as it was very quick.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    4G54 is very simple to maintain. Round lights pa yang 1992. Most likely T plate.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Na iimagine ko nga yung power ng V ng montero..so most likely below 5 km/liter na yan.. That's why i'm also tempted to get the 96/97 montero, baka mamulubi ngalang ako sa gas

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The V6 is quite economical if you drive it economically. You don't even have to bury the throttle in city driving. You can equal the 4g54's economy if you drive the V6 right.

Of course, once you feel the power flowing, its hard to let go. hehehe. 150kph is like a walk in the park.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OK, thanks sir, you've given me another option, now I'd really be considering buying a V6, hehe would you say consumption can also equal that of a diesel patrol, if driven right, like you said?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're talking about the Safari, It has good highway numbers but the large displacement engine can really gulp in the city cycle. GlennSter used to do 4km/L on his rig. But AFAIK, afrasay can hit 7's. Maybe you just need to keep it in a good state of tune.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OK, I think I'd be better off w/a smaller displacement V6 since 5 days a week purely city driving ako home and office, weekends lang naman out of town. Hope I get a good bargain for a Montero V6 Thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
pajero or montero