New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Pajero FM is still designed as a workhorse in other markets. Compared with the Fortuner, it has more underbody protection (skidplates), the spare tire is mounted high up out of harm's way, etc.

Eariler Pajeros also used a dual fanbelt system for essential engine components (e.g. waterpump) so should one belt snap, the thing will just keep on going. Not sure about the Field Master but this was never offered in the Fortuner.

So far, there are lots of parts for the FM. Even the front fender signal lamps are just Lancer parts. Lots of the interior switchgear are also 'generic' Mitsubishi parts used in other cars.

4x2 vs. 4x4, the only added parts are the transfer case and front axle which just require an annual oil change. So long as you don't bash the 4x4 off-road, they don't break down often aside from a seal or two needing a replacement every decade or so.

Btw, we are selling a 1999 unit. Automatic, 4x4 model. Needs some leatherwork, otherwise, nothing to fix already.

Nothing against the Fortuner, but the Field Master is in a totally different league and was made in a totally different time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Wow! thank you for all the needed info mga sir! the best talaga kayo...
    anyways i'm planning to search/find a FM '03 to '05 4x2 sana,,,

wish me luck mga Gurus!!!

at sir otep PM sent sir...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go for the Pajero FM, you might want to check out this review made by me - ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING GOES

The Pajero FM? Timeless than most mainstream SUVs

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    very helpful indeed!!!

thanks sir myk384

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kahit 4x2 or 4x4 whatever ... FM pa rin ako.

Never matatalo ng Fortuner yan. Magkaiba sila ng level. =))

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Kahit 4x2 or 4x4 whatever ... FM pa rin ako.

Never matatalo ng Fortuner yan. Magkaiba sila ng level. =))
    At least mas konti pa ang mga FM owners, di tulad ng Fort at MS

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    FM pa rin. Iba pa rin talaga kapag shock seats

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wait... You never specified which Fort variant you are looking for. 3.0V nga ba? Between the two, FM ang kukunin ko, but given that medyo makupad siya, I'd throw in performance mods at once. The Pajero is a TRUE SUV. One that is made as an SUV and not one spawned off a modified pickup platform and with the bumpy ride still very much evident. What more andun pa ang mga drum brakes! And then again, even if the Pajero is 4x2, you can easily convert it into a 4x4 after procuring the parts you need. The Pajero's looks are timeless both inside and out, the respect for it is never lost, even after many years of use, both in the dirt or at the hotel driveway. Maintenance-wise, the Pajero has the upper hand since it uses an old school diesel so no complicated parts to go with it, at kahit ma-Ondoy man yan sige parin yan!

So my advice would be to go get the FM and then change to aftermarket filter, have alcohol injection installed, crank up the turbo boost... Oh dear, here I go again.

I'd rather get a Fortuner than a Pajero. It's not a bad vehicle at all, but the 4M40 has some head gasket failures and head cracking issues. No wonder I've seen some Toyota 3L and 5L-E engines swapped into Pajeros, and even some Volkswagen/Audi 1.9TDi's...

Also, I was never lucky with Mitsubishi engines...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    just so the ts know:
    PAJERO FM

KYB Excel G Front/ rear shock absorber - P1200 each
    OEM Oil Filter - 765
    OEM Air Filter - 1899
    OEM Fuel Filter - 1899
    Fan Belt (BANDO) - 250

pa corect nalang kung may mas cheaper pa dyan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Pajero FM 05 or Fortuner 06-07