New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    With the way i drive our pajero, hindi masmatipid sa fuel. Hehe. Its slow compared to sedans so the tendency is to be rev happy. I always push it to around 4k from a stop. but its fun to drive one. I frequently bully smaller cars with it just the other day may siningitan akong alto. Feeling ko natakot talaga sya hahahaha.
    Grabe naman bro! I can imagine what a Pajero constantly spinning 4000rpm is like. Wala bang black smoke? Kawawa naman ang Pajero, kawawa din si Alto... I do that with our Revo and I'm already among the fastest on the street. Matic ba yung sayo bro? I wonder how a manual will do, with alcohol injection and a big front mount intercooler. :devil:

Mas matipid pa naman siguro kesa sa gas! Let's say you get 6km/L. Given that diesel is at 43/L at gas at 53/L, the gasoline car will have to do 7.4km/L to match your fuel cost. That's gas mileage expected from a 1.6-1.8L matic compact!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    With the way i drive our pajero, hindi masmatipid sa fuel. Hehe. Its slow compared to sedans so the tendency is to be rev happy. I always push it to around 4k from a stop. but its fun to drive one. I frequently bully smaller cars with it just the other day may siningitan akong alto. Feeling ko natakot talaga sya hahahaha.
    And samahan mo pa ng rezing mode na ganito :peace: :boom1:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pero pag kayo nasingitan ng small cars eh kulang na lang umusok kayo sa galit... gunggong ka din pala eh makakahanap ka din ng katapat na 9mm... disiplina lang tol....hindi naman kailangan mang bully sa daan

kung ako si TS at madalas naman mag isa lang tapos daily drive.. get a small car like picanto or jazz kung kaya.. pajero for 500k??? nakow for sigurado laspag na yan at marami ka na papagawa plus mahal pa gulong nyan kasi malaki

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I frequently bully smaller cars with it just the other day may siningitan akong alto. Feeling ko natakot talaga sya hahahaha.

Forget the Pajero. At its age, repairs will be lined up to drain your pocket, and isn't exactly a fuel miser if that's your goal. I'd consider that if it was a second car and not a primary daily drive.

If your goal is to have practical daily driver then get something less than five years old; keep your options open to finding a unit that's first owned (and being sold by the actual owner), with acceptable mileage, has all it's original paint intact, and has the service records (not necessarily CASA maintained) to back it up. A Vios, Corolla Altis, Civic, City or Jazz seems good. Personally, the Jazz is a fine daily driver if you ask me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

kung ako si TS at madalas naman mag isa lang tapos daily drive.. get a small car like picanto or jazz kung kaya.. pajero for 500k??? nakow for sigurado laspag na yan
    500k - 550k na talaga selling price ng mga 2000 field master. decent units na yun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, the pajero, while its a good choice, could be old.... baka it may need na nga caliberation, which will cost you.
    i would still get the newer unit.... in your case, the altis.
    but if you would want to have a frugal car, Vios.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    getting a sound and good performing pajero fm will take a lot of luck and patience due to its age. i got one a few months ago and expected very much what others recommended here. i could've bought a 2nd hand tucson, rav 4, etc but there's just something about this model that really draws me to it. that in itself is a reason for me to overspend a bit

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Grabe naman bro! I can imagine what a Pajero constantly spinning 4000rpm is like. Wala bang black smoke? Kawawa naman ang Pajero, kawawa din si Alto... I do that with our Revo and I'm already among the fastest on the street. Matic ba yung sayo bro? I wonder how a manual will do, with alcohol injection and a big front mount intercooler. :devil:

Mas matipid pa naman siguro kesa sa gas! Let's say you get 6km/L. Given that diesel is at 43/L at gas at 53/L, the gasoline car will have to do 7.4km/L to match your fuel cost. That's gas mileage expected from a 1.6-1.8L matic compact!

wala namang black smoke. well maintained din naman kasi. automatic yung pajero namin. ang bagal kasi talaga. if i drive the way i drive my car (sa tatay ko kasi yung pajero) 2.5k rpm max malalate lang ako. ang bagal kasi ng acceleration from 0-60. so i cruise at 3k pagkanakapickup na sa speed.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

wala namang black smoke. well maintained din naman kasi. automatic yung pajero namin. ang bagal kasi talaga. if i drive the way i drive my car (sa tatay ko kasi yung pajero) 2.5k rpm max malalate lang ako. ang bagal kasi ng acceleration from 0-60. so i cruise at 3k pagkanakapickup na sa speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    pero pag kayo nasingitan ng small cars eh kulang na lang umusok kayo sa galit... gunggong ka din pala eh makakahanap ka din ng katapat na 9mm... disiplina lang tol....hindi naman kailangan mang bully sa daan

kung ako si TS at madalas naman mag isa lang tapos daily drive.. get a small car like picanto or jazz kung kaya.. pajero for 500k??? nakow for sigurado laspag na yan at marami ka na papagawa plus mahal pa gulong nyan kasi malaki
    affected ka ata masyado sir. bawibawian lang. matraffic naman nung sumingit ako kaya hindi delikado para kanino. wala naman masama gamitin ang size advantage basta walang mangyayaring aksidente. tsaka pagnakasedan naman ako, ako naman yung binubully. mga innova may paborito sakin. kung init ng ulo papairalin sa daan, di na overpopulated ang pilipinas. kaya chill ka lang sir.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cvt19 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a second car to be used as my main car. I will use my current car for coding since it is a gas guzzler.
    I have narrowed down my choices to 1998 to 2002 Pajero Fieldmaster or 2008 to 2010 Altis 1.6G or 1.6V / 2006 to 2008 Civic 1.8s

Budget is around 400k to 500k..

You may ask why the Pajero is one of my choices. Basically I think that it is a very practical car considering it is diesel and maintenance is easy. Same goes with the Altis and the Civic.

One advantage of the Pajero for me is the height and is good for Philippine road conditions.

Advantage of the Civic/Altis would be the size since it will be easier to park and maneuver. Also FC is great.

** I am also looking at the 2002 to 2005 Camry which really look good but I am afraid of the maintenance and the gas consumption **

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thank You in advance.
    For me if you know where to go if you need parts and repair go with the fieldmaster kasi cgurado may mga pagawain yan. But if you don't. Go with the younger car. For sure you need time and patience sa pajero pag yun kinuha mo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast