New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I know, these two cars are not of the same class. It should be the Ck to Prado and the Fortuner to the Montero.

But I would like to ask for your opinion on what car to get this Christmas.

So, before anything else, I would like to inform everyone that I choose to compare these two cars because they are IN my budget starting from 750 to 850 thousand + -.

The thing is, if I'll go for the CK, its already an old model car which is something that I am hesitant about because old cars at times tend to breakdown and, of course, repairs comes after that.

For the Fortuner, I can get a newer one at the same price for Ck, e.g. '03 Ck is about 850+ - vs the 07 Fortuner but its a lower classed (category) car.

Both are Automatic - one which I'm worried about too because having this kind of transmission compared to manual is more expensive (in repairs) and both are diesel engines (which is good) 3.2ck vs 3.0 fortuner

Setting as a bar:
    1. Quality
    2. Year Model
    3. Engine Displacement
    4. Efficiency ---- to power ? (is there a big difference)
    5. Price
    6. Add ons (power side-mirror etc)

What do you think is the better car to get? Thank you very much!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Definitely the CK Pajero. Kung gusto mo ng mas bago, I think the 05 Fieldmaster Pajero fits your budget also. At least it's 2 years newer than the 03 CK. Pero still, Pajero pa rin whatever year it is

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Why CK sir? Any definite reasons? I haven't been going around checking on these cars yet because I want to know which is which to visit first but I would also like to ask someone here about the CK's interior, performance, etc compared to the Fortuner's that's why your opinion is very much appreciated. Been looking at some of the pictures though and when I see one on the road - CK is much good looking and is rare to see one.

Thanks for the advice about the FM but its not really my option, sir. It has a very tight legroom and (I don't know if its true) it cannot exceed 120-130km/h according to some of the people who owns it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Why CK sir? Any definite reasons? I haven't been going around checking on these cars yet because I want to know which is which to visit first but I would also like to ask someone here about the CK's interior, performance, etc compared to the Fortuner's that's why your opinion is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the advice about the FM but its not really my option, sir. It has a very tight legroom and (I don't know if its true) it cannot exceed 120-130km/h according to some of the people who owns it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Forts are know to be matagtag, though subjective pa rin sa gagamit. Forts for me ay sobrang sikip, lalo na sa likod. Pajero, well the name itself nalang, it's Pajero. Status symbol, comfortable, angas factor, luxury, and a level higher than the Fort. Regarding the FM, hindi tight ang leg room niya, though for me subjective din ito. Kung malaking tao ka, eh talagang masikip. Pero kung average lang, then hindi naman masikip. As for the speed, I'm gunning our 2 Pajeros (1 FM, 1 JDM, pero same engine sila na 4M40) minsan ng 150-160kph nang walang kahirap-hirap

But among your choices, I'll pick the CK anytime over the Fort. If you add the FM in your choices, then toss up nalang between FM and CK.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Can't really tell much about the two since it's been a while since I drove the CK up the mountains (years na) and I only had a short drive sa Fortuner. All I can say is, the Pajero is really comfortable and luxurious (daming toys including TPMS and other goodies) and it's big inside as it is outside unlike the Fortuner which is only big outside but really small when you sit inside.

And yes, there comes the image...

Power delivery, no problem w/ CK. Again I drove it up Cebu's mountains with little effort (full pax pa)

Also,kung 4x2 na Fortuner bibilhin mo (2.5D4D) tas 05-06 unit... delikado! Yan yun years na lumabas yun D4D problems such as choking, stalling etc

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Forts are know to be matagtag, though subjective pa rin sa gagamit. Forts for me ay sobrang sikip, lalo na sa likod. Pajero, well the name itself nalang, it's Pajero. Status symbol, comfortable, angas factor, luxury, and a level higher than the Fort. Regarding the FM, hindi tight ang leg room niya, though for me subjective din ito. Kung malaking tao ka, eh talagang masikip. Pero kung average lang, then hindi naman masikip. As for the speed, I'm gunning our 2 Pajeros (1 FM, 1 JDM, pero same engine sila na 4M40) minsan ng 150-160kph nang walang kahirap-hirap

But among your choices, I'll pick the CK anytime over the Fort. If you add the FM in your choices, then toss up nalang between FM and CK.

Sir, if we will go to "Value for Money" - CK pa din ba? Older but what? More efficient po ba when it comes to gas consumption and power output? Maintenance? Ano po ung SPECIFIC kumbaga na talagang nakakalamang ung CK? Sometimes looks can also be deceiving. Old Trooper and Old Pajero - Utility car po talaga ung Trooper nun kasi ang dami niyang features na wala sa Pajero pero mas pogi ung Mitsubishi.

Im getting persuaded to get the CK, I just need to have more information. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Can't really tell much about the two since it's been a while since I drove the CK up the mountains (years na) and I only had a short drive sa Fortuner. All I can say is, the Pajero is really comfortable and luxurious (daming toys including TPMS and other goodies) and it's big inside as it is outside unlike the Fortuner which is only big outside but really small when you sit inside.

And yes, there comes the image...

Power delivery, no problem w/ CK. Again I drove it up Cebu's mountains with little effort (full pax pa)

Also,kung 4x2 na Fortuner bibilhin mo (2.5D4D) tas 05-06 unit... delikado! Yan yun years na lumabas yun D4D problems such as choking, stalling etc
    Wow! ok yan sir ah! That definitely gave an impression about the CK. Will try to see one in the next few days, drive it and compare to the fortuner para malaman ko din ung feel. Was able to drive a Fortuner and the feeling is very masculine. Macho kasi parang ang taas taas talaga but will see... Try din muna ung CK.

Baka nga mag CK ako, yun lang, mahirap atta mag hanap. :goodluck:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mustanggrande View Post
    Sir, if we will go to "Value for Money" - CK pa din ba? Older but what? More efficient po ba when it comes to gas consumption and power output? Maintenance? Ano po ung SPECIFIC kumbaga na talagang nakakalamang ung CK? Sometimes looks can also be deceiving. Old Trooper and Old Pajero - Utility car po talaga ung Trooper nun kasi ang dami niyang features na wala sa Pajero pero mas pogi ung Mitsubishi.

Im getting persuaded to get the CK, I just need to have more information. Thanks!
    Value for money, siguro doon ako sa FM. Ang isa pa pala sa lamang ng CK sa FM is EFI and CRDI na yun makina ng CK, which is 4M41, while the 4M40 engine ng FM ay isang old school engine. Di ko lang alam kung pagdating sa maintenance, eh mas mahal i-maintain ang CK over the FM.

When it comes sa body rigidness and durability, doon na ko sa dalawang Mitsubishi.

Kung ano ang nakakalamang sa CK over the other two SUVs, its the luxury the CK can give to you na hindi kayang tapatan ng FM o ng Fort. Kung baga ganito ang level of luxury

CK > FM > Fort

Pero that's just met ah...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    And oh, sa pagkakaalala ko, ang CK is nasa 1M pa ata. Lowest is around 900k-ish. Yun mga Subic na CK is nasa 800k-ish ang price range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pajero CK (03-05) or Fortuner (05-07)