New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi everyone, would like to ask your opinion when comparing these two cars. I will be in the market very soon for a 4x4 vehicle that can used on a daily basis and also on long provincial trips. My main consideration is a vehicle that is dependable and can be used on not-so-friendly terrain for business use, and something with ample power. Fuel consumption not much of a factor (which is why i'm considering an FJ) but could be a bonus (same thing for the BK). I'm also used to driving big vehicles so not really considering a CUV. Basically i'm comparing these two because i like the retro looks and i would like something "classic" hahaha. Any inputs would be much appreciated

PS. If BK i will be getting it brand new, but for the FJ i'm also considering going secondhand

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrc View Post
    Hi everyone, would like to ask your opinion when comparing these two cars. I will be in the market very soon for a 4x4 vehicle that can used on a daily basis and also on long provincial trips. My main consideration is a vehicle that is dependable and can be used on not-so-friendly terrain for business use, and something with ample power. Fuel consumption not much of a factor (which is why i'm considering an FJ) but could be a bonus (same thing for the BK). I'm also used to driving big vehicles so not really considering a CUV. Basically i'm comparing these two because i like the retro looks and i would like something "classic" hahaha. Any inputs would be much appreciated

PS. If BK i will be getting it brand new, but for the FJ i'm also considering going secondhand
    BK since it's the last of its kind. FJ.. pwede pang mabili in the future especially that you'll purchase the BK brand new.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    fj is a gas guzzler😑

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you considering the BK gas or diesel? If the diesel, I'd get the BK as it's more practical as a daily driver versus the FJ, especially if people will be riding the rear often enough.

If you're considering gas variants of both, I'd get the FJ.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    parang talong-talo ka na dyan sa FJ, tataas ang srp excise tax, tataas ang gasoline tax tapos kelangan pa dyan premium octane. tapos ni hindi man lang leather seats, tapos bibile ka pa ng stepboard saka roofrail, tapos walang backup camera. after excise tax, how much is that 2M? spending 2M next year for a car tech circa 2004 is eccentricity

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    parang talong-talo ka na dyan sa FJ, tataas ang srp excise tax, tataas ang gasoline tax tapos kelangan pa dyan premium octane. tapos ni hindi man lang leather seats, tapos bibile ka pa ng stepboard saka roofrail, tapos walang backup camera. after excise tax, how much is that 2M? spending 2M next year for a car tech circa 2004 is eccentricity
    well, to each his own.. you really have to understand the shortcomings of the FJC to own one. I own one...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrc View Post

Hands down BK!

Our CK pajero for over 12 years had it's tie-rod and bushing set changed after 200,000km.

Rough road, highway, hills, and city use.

Tough AF

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    BK din for me. No bias here ha. Hehe

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    is there a price update sa BK?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kruser View Post
    is there a price update sa BK?
    Parang wala pang nilalabas si Mitsubishi, pero based on the price increase posted by Honda and Toyota on there cars priced near the BK, increase could be relatively small. Case point : Hiace LXV priced at 2.593M increase by just 26K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast