New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Correct on the FC. Same FC as my 2.0L Grand Vitara a/t with 47,000 km on the odometer. Pero pag hinay hinay driving, kaya pa mag-6.5 Highway driving kaya mag-8-9 km/liter.

If u want small na 4x4 na brand new, di ba yung Suzuki SX4 is 4x4?
    It's not 4x4.

I still think the 1st gen Sorento is a perfect vehicle for the TS.

It should be fairly thrifty with CRDi engine too. And with much torque to creep uphill effortlessly.

^ Sorentos with these kind of tail lights has 174ps. Those who turn signals were at the bottom of the tail light sets were 145ps units.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I would also recommend the sorento 4x4

We have a pre facelift model 4x4 MT, it only has the 145hp unit but it has adequate power for climbing
    It has frequently climbed a hill steeper than that with ease even when its raining
    I would recommend the pre facelift model over the the 170ps model because you can have a manual gearbox which is far superior in offroading
    (the manual's first gear is lower than the automatic)
    We only actually use the 4x4 mode when it is raining or muddy
    The only locking diff is the central diff in the "4L" mode (we never actually use this mode)
    don't be scared of burning clutches, just don't stop in the middle
    It does about 8-10Km/L (HI-way and City)
    Medyo mataas yung rpm (2400) sa top gear going 100kph so it never gets above 10km/L with us (we dont sit in the slow lane ahahahahah)

Ours has 230K Km and it has'nt missed a beat and is still our "linalaspag na kotse" up to today

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    It's not 4x4.

I still think the 1st gen Sorento is a perfect vehicle for the TS.

It should be fairly thrifty with CRDi engine too. And with much torque to creep uphill effortlessly.

^ Sorentos with these kind of tail lights has 174ps. Those who turn signals were at the bottom of the tail light sets were 145ps units.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234